Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cannell

FS2004: What's your Add-on Wish List?

What's your wish list for add-ons/enhancements for FS2004 (other than planes, panels, etc.)?A few things I'd like (so far):* Replacement textures for the water. The current water makes me feel like I need one of those fruity drinks with the umbrellas in it.* A weather "theme builder" that allows everyone to build new themes for the dynamic weather system and share them with others.* A simple utility that supports mouse panning and zooming in the VC.* Replacement textures for the 2d clouds that do a better job of meshing/mimicking the 3d clouds (i.e. no dark halo) for people who don't have 100% 3d.* A weather utility with an option to simplify real-time downloaded weather for frame rate friendliness.* An updated version of one of the traffic tool front-ends, so that I can start putting the real airlines back in (Edit: I see that my favorite traffic manager, AI Traffic Mover, works with FS2004).* And ... most important ... A utility that will automatically shock me with a non-fatal (but painful) electric jolt every time I go in and tweak one of the display settings, or hit SHIFT-Z.

The only wish I have is that the freeware addons that need be adapted for FS2004 remain freeware. We've already lost FSUIPC (albeit expected) and Active Camera to this new payware revolution. No one except the rich are gonna be able to do anything outside of flying default planes to default airports by the next version if this keeps up.

* A simple utility that supports mouse panning and zooming in the VC.I second that. ActiveCamera provides this, but it has now become payware. I have nothing against payware, but I did not use any of the other functions in Activecamera (outside views, fly-by's, head latency, etc.) so a simple utility that does just that would be essential. This functionality should have been included in the sim itself, really. It would have made the VC's much more usable and popular.

>* And ... most important ... A utility that will automatically>shock me with a non-fatal (but painful) electric jolt every>time I go in and tweak one of the display settings, or hit>SHIFT-Z.That's a good one! :-lol:-lol:-lolI wish a utility, that would disable launching FS2004 for at a least week, whenever I crash an aircraft. Wolfgang

I'd like to add:I just did a flight from 1so (Thun Field) into an overcast. While I was in the clouds, my fps were down to 10-13 with 60% 3d clouds. WHen I adjusted this to 20%, my fps rocketed back up to a steady 20 (where I have it locked).The difference between the 3d clouds and 2d clouds in this situation is negligible, because everything around me is gray, and the system draws the 3d clouds close anyway. However, I certainly don't want to fly with 20% 3d clouds on a "fair" day, because then the difference in the look of the clouds is noticeable, and there aren't enough 3d clouds to cause a performance hit.So ... imagine if we had a utility that lets us raise or lower the ratio of 3d clouds with a keypress (or maybe automatically based on fps), without having to go in and out of the menus. We could then use real world weather downloads without fear of a huge performance drain.Maybe the next version of Lago's FSAssist could do this?

I wish PSS would hire more designers so we could get the next addon before FS 2006.A full 747-400 aircraft package would be nice.Steve