Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

To: Ian Scott Cessna 172 Flight Model - RealAir

Guest Douglas K

Larry you didn't answer my questions, you absolutely are a master of digression and you still have that reading problem.This topic started with some questions about the C-172 flight models, so with your decades long aviation experience would you please elaborate on the subject without resorting to radio control references or your personal perceptions of what you don't consider to be a problem. Kindly confine yourself to the factual differences between the real and simulated aircraft.>After reading all your "dribble" & concluding you have no idea of what your really saying to me........... I'll sign off..

>I honestly hope this helps you in some way, and others around.>If you behave like a rational person, someday I will show you>what was wrong with the AI in the original FS2K2. TVIt's been two years & no answer from you in regard to the AI. One of your major complaints to Microsoft, was that the default aircraft bolted into the sky on takeoff at a high angle of attack when enough back pressure was applied. Then you farther stated that the AI was at least 5 degrees off in horizontal flight. For these reasons, and others, you prohibited your students from using FS2002. Not to mention your nasty letter requesting Microsoft to with-draw FS2002 from the market.Unfortantly........... I suppose; I replied that the default trim was set to "nose down". Adjust it before takeoff (as in a checklist), and the aircraft won't bolt into the sky with it's nose at 30 degrees. Then I also mentioned, that just as the real one, the attitude indicator on the default FS2002 is fully adjustable.Not once, have you made mention, that in fact I was correct. And I don't give a **** if a pilot has a thousand Cessna 172 hours....... because a desktop simulator can & will be different! He suggested PIO, and I feel differently. And as I requested from you yesterday................You keep saying I call this sim & aircraft "perfect".When have I ever said this is a "Perfect" sim, or a suggestion that I wouldn't welcome upgrades from Ron, Rob, and Steve----- considering I always use them when available. Until a desktop PC feels exactly like a real airplane, which I doubt ever will, a simulated aircraft can always use some fine tuning. But to YOU........... it's always what the simulated aircraft CAN'T do, in comparison to what it CAN do. You, in fact, did go to the trouble of telling Rob Young what his 172 update COULDN'T do, while all the time telling us how your own model would be so superior. I'm still waiting, and I bet Rob is too! :-erks L.Adamson