Sign in to follow this  
THibben

FS2004 and Intel D865 mobo

Does anyone have the the Intel D865PERL 800fsb mobo with the hyper threaded Intel 3.0 P4 CPU? If so how is it working with FS2004? I have this system with 1G ram and the ATI 9800 Pro 128M video card and am only getting frame rates around 10.Have been working with Intel, ATI and MS and so far no one can figure out what might be the problem. All drivers are the latest, have reinstalled FS2004 a couple of times. The fps stay the same whether sliders are to the left or right. The video card has 3Dmark scores of 5500. Is anyone doing any better?Thanks in advance.Tom

>Does anyone have the the Intel D865PERL 800fsb mobo with the>hyper threaded Intel 3.0 P4 CPU? If so how is it working with>FS2004? I have this system with 1G ram and the ATI 9800 Pro>128M video card and am only getting frame rates around 10.I have that board with a 3.0GHz P4 800fsb and 1GB RAM (dual-channel) but I have a nVidia ATX 8x FX5200 128MB video card. FS2004 has the known issue with the 2d panels not working with anti-aliasing turned on but other than that it is performing fairly well. With AA turned off I am getting between 16fps and 20fps (20fps locked) most of the time. There have been a couple of occasions where it began to run real sluggish (3fps - 7fps) which was remedied with a system reboot. I figured that was caused by some background process interferring or possibly a memory leak in FS2004. Who knows.I don't think the motherboard brand could be the issue. My guess would be to look at the video card and driver more closely.Hope you figure it out soon,Scott

Guest edrutl

Tom,I have the same Intel mobo as you with a 2.8 Ghz CPU, 1G Ram and a Radeon 9500 Pro. I'm consistently at the 24FPS lock using with the sliders set as suggested in a Chris Willis posting.Be sure you are following those steps (not driving AA in the program, AF settings, etc.). Even without those, you should be getting more than 10 FPS.ed

Thanks to both of you for your response.I do have aa off and I am using the Catalyst 3.6 drivers. It doesn't seem to matter where I have any of the system settings,the fps are still around 10.In Fs2002 I have it set at 30fps and consistently get 30.Tom