Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Cheers for the thread Ryan.

3. Q & A:I have a few other questions for people seeing this issue for the purposes of gathering more info about possible causes/factors: (this is for people seeing issue #4 specifically):1. Have you ever seen this issue happen with the PMDG J41?I just recently purchased the J41. Don't have enough hours with it to comment. My problems are mainly with the MD11.2. Have you ever seen this happen in Windows XP (32 or 64-bit)?Nope. And I have arduously switched between 7 and XP64 several times before.3. Have you ever seen anything like this happen in FS9?Don't have enough FS9 hours to comment.4. Have you ever seen this happen with a default aircraft or other aircraft you know to not be using custom sound?No.5. Can you reproduce the issue on a completely clean

Ryan,As one who suffered issue 4, I would like to pass on my information. I cannot check the sound issues out currently since I have switched from Windows 7 to XP64 and have not seen the problem since. I had the problem both in Vista64 and Windows 7 64. So to answer your questions:Hardware survey:Asus p6t deluxe v1,Soundblaster XFI Titanium Soundcard - latest Creative Driversi7 920 OC to 4 GHz6 GB Mushkin ddr3GTX 285 1 GBSaitek proflight yoke, CH Rudder Pedals, CH Throttle QuadSeagate 750 GB HD for OSWD Velociraptor 300 GB for FSXQ & A:1. Have you ever seen this issue happen with the PMDG J41?I do not own the J41 yet, but plan on picking it up in the future.2. Have you ever seen this happen in Windows XP (32 or 64-bit)?It has never happened to me in Windows XP 64. As mentioned above it happens in both Vista and Windows 7 on my box.3. Have you ever seen anything like this happen in FS9?No.4. Have you ever seen this happen with a default aircraft or other aircraft you know to not be using custom sound?Never seen on a default aircraft. I have seen it on PMDG MD11, 747X and A2A Piper Cub, all using custom sounds.5. Can you reproduce the issue on a completely clean

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

can we sticky the first post and lock it please??? i noticed the issue #4 on the concorde, and not on the pmdg aircraft.i have a high spec computer with gtx280 creative xfire xtreme gamer, 2,82 quad, 4gb ram

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

While using Win7_x64 RTM, I had experienced issue #1, 2, & 4. Originally using the Relatek onboard sound (ASUS P6Tv2) and IIRC, the later installed Creative X-FI Titanium (PCI-e) card. I don't recall audio sliders (Khz) having any resolution to the issue. It's a dedicated rig with minimal processes running in all cases and a rock-solid OC re-tested time and again (Prime, Memetest, OCCT, Pi, etc). I know I never had any of these issues with the default Baron, but it always happened with the PMDG MD-11 and 744X. Sorry, I but just can't remember if the LDS767 had this issue or not. If it did, it wasn't as prevelent as when using the PMDG birds.Switching back to WinXP_x64 with the same hardware specs (FSX server below) resolved all three issues. I have not had any occurance of panels or skeleton issues since. I still get a hung black-screen (issue # 1) sometimes when switching between full and window modes using Alt-Enter, but the ctrl-alt-del trick always works, whereas with Win7, it would eventually die all together.In both cases (Win7 and WinXP _x64), the following add-ons were regulary used on the FSX box: FSXsp2, REX, UTX, GEX, FSGenesis, FSUIPC (reg'd), SceneryTech, and various high density 3rd-party airports. Wideclient apps (not always connected during testing) included ASA, FSFK, and RC.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I have tried the sound.dll suggestion and I have so far not experienced the texture corruption after switching between full screen and window mode. I am in the process of doing a longer flight and will try today reviewing my replay of the landing. My system is an ATI 4870 512 , Asus M4A79XTD EVO Phenom 2 965 at 3.8 and 4gig onboard memory.

Pinned the thread now by request.Interesting responses already guys, thanks. I'm especially curious on Kyle's report of seeing this with the A2A Cub... that's not exactly a complex aircraft in the same sense of these airliners we've though the problem limited to. I realize it's got a lot going on in terms of flight modelling, animation, textures and sound though. Hmm. Do you see it both with and without the advanced AccuSim version?The early occurrence of ASUS boards is pretty striking to me as well. That P6T series in particular seems like it might be a commonality among a bunch of you guys...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have issue #1. I have tried just about everything.I7 950@ 3.6bfg 285 gtx ocp6t mobo6gb ocz tripple channel ram750 watt psucreative XFI sound card.win vista 64 home premiumfsx + accelerationPMDG- 747-400, 747-8, j41 flight1 cessna mustang, quest kodiak, carenado- mooney, c185, pa34 seneca. capt. sim-c130, 727. Ariane 737 800 x2.leveld 767This issue happens with ALL my aircraft! anytime I go to watch a replay, change weather,change fuel/cargo and sometimes when I switch planes

I don't have enough time to fly to try something like that. Unless you can come up with a quick test that takes 30 minutes, my issues usually appear only after flying for over an hour
Two things:1. Enough with not signing your name - I'm sorry if you have an issue with it, but that rule is not changing and certainly not for one person. I'm not going to allow further posts without it, you've been warned before on this.2. You never fly longer than 30 minutes? By definition if the problem only occurs after over an hour, you can't really help test if you can't conduct a flight that will trigger it. Could you let a flight run on autopilot while you do other things, then come back and check on it every 30 minutes or something?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The early occurrence of ASUS boards is pretty striking to me as well. That P6T series in particular seems like it might be a commonality among a bunch of you guys...
I would agree (especialy with the latency theory) but why would it happen with 3rd-party add-on audio cards if it was a common Realtek issue, or something along those lines? The bus on the motherboard itself perhaps?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I wonder if we should try to remove the sound cards?

I would agree (especialy with the latency theory) but why would it happen with 3rd-party add-on audio cards if it was a common Realtek issue, or something along those lines? The bus on the motherboard itself perhaps?
Yeah - I'm really wondering this too. I wish I knew more about how hardware design works with respect to how one board using the same chipset as others like this could have differences in how the bus actually works. If anyone's got cash to blow, I'd be interested in seeing what'd happen if you switched motherboards and nothing else. Anyone seeing it with a P55-based board at all or is it all X58?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Hi,This is a very useful thread - thank you! I've been suffering with the disappearing textures issue for a long time now. I've seen it so far with the PMDG Jetstream 41, the Captain Sim Boeing 757 and now the FSLabs Concorde X, the latter being the worst affected. It happens randomly, but is particularly triggered by high settings, flying through heavy weather (ie thunderstorms, detailed clouds etc) and at intense scenery areas. Changing view frequently, using a menu function (ie map etc) or switching between full/screen and windowed mode almost always replicates the problem. It is very annoying.My system specs: Asus P6T Deluxe v2 mobo, Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.6GHz (OC), 6.0Gb DDR3 RAM, Zotac GTX285 OC 1Gb (driver version 197.13, also occured with previous versions), Windows 7 64 bit. I do have a Soundblaster Audigy SE 7.1 sound card, but presently I have my PC plugged into a HDTV and output sound through the HDMI adapter, which is fed from the SPDIF connection on the motherboard's onboard sound card. It's worth noting though that I also had the issue using the Audigy card. I see too the surprising number of sufferers having ASUS boards. That's very interesting. Someone I know from another Flight Sim Forum bought a computer at the same time as me from the same place, with an identical spec EXCEPT for the fact that he had a Gigabyte mobo and I had the Asus. He hasn't had any texture problems with his and I have.I was running a lot of detailed addons (REX 2.0, Horizons photo scenery, airports etc), but i've done a complete reinstall now with just FSX SP2 and Concorde X. I'm still getting the problem just as frequently as before. My slider settings are fairly high. I do see some improvement if I turn them down, but not much, and with a high system spec it isn't much fun to have to turn down your sliders! I'm using nHancer for graphics (set up using NickN's guide), I also see the problem without this installed. My cfg is tweaked with only the Texture_Bandwidth_Mult=70 line changed. I did try bufferpools but it didn't make much difference, and caused some other undesirable effects such as artifacts and tearing.Q&A1. Have you ever seen this issue happen with the PMDG J41? Yes. Quite frequently in fact.2. Have you ever seen this happen in Windows XP (32 or 64-bit)? Never used XP 64 bit. Certainly didn't see it in XP 32, or Vista 32 either.3. Have you ever seen anything like this happen in FS9? No, but i've never used FS9 on a 64 bit OS.4. Have you ever seen this happen with a default aircraft or other aircraft you know to not be using custom sound? Not that I know of.5. Can you reproduce the issue on a completely clean

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Well after a 4hr flight for me I was able fly and watch my replay without a black screen or any distortion. I also went in and out of the menu. I use onboard audio no sound card for me. All other sound is gone in regards to the altitude count down but was able to watch the replay and pretty much do anything in the game without any sort of corruption. I also may add that i flew into FSDreamteams LSGG airport. Will continue testing but I think the sound fix has solved the porblem for me at least.

Well after a 4hr flight for me I was able fly and watch my replay without a black screen or any distortion. I also went in and out of the menu. I use onboard audio no sound card for me. All other sound is gone in regards to the altitude count down but was able to watch the replay and pretty much do anything in the game without any sort of corruption. I also may add that i flew into FSDreamteams LSGG airport. Will continue testing but I think the sound fix has solved the porblem for me at least.
Which sound fix the DLL one? I'm trying that now. Shame I can't get any of the cockpit sounds though - Concorde X has a lot of those.Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Yea Tom the dll? fix that Ryan suggested. It is a shame that you can't get the cockpit sounds but if this works for everyone then at least they can work on a solution.