Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Guest 413X3

******* when you find a solution please let us know! I am really missing flying my favorite small airplane, the Flight1 Pilatus PC-12. Until then looks like it's Carenados 185F and for big iron the Queen

Guest Shockwave
Yes, I know, I may make an XP64 partition for that, but I would rather be able to run under Win 7.So that board is the one with Realtec audio that can be set down, yes?Thanks,
It does have the 7.1RT but have it disabled and use a Creative Fatal1ty pro in the third PCI_Ex16 slot, using it in gaming mode, yelds a bit more milage with resources.I have FSX setup to use on both Win7-64-ult and XP64P in a dual boot config.

I have issue #1. I have tried just about everything.I7 950@ 3.6bfg 285 gtx ocp6t mobo6gb ocz tripple channel ram750 watt psucreative XFI sound card.win vista 64 home premiumfsx + accelerationPMDG- 747-400, 747-8, j41 flight1 cessna mustang, quest kodiak, carenado- mooney, c185, pa34 seneca. capt. sim-c130, 727. Ariane 737 800 x2.leveld 767This issue happens with ALL my aircraft! anytime I go to watch a replay, change weather,change fuel/cargo and sometimes when I switch planes
Hi Ricky,I've just solved my "black screen of death syndrome" by removing an extra unwanted video driver entry in the fsx.cfg (got the tip from a forum at flight1).If that may help...My config: FSX Acc on Win7 x64, i7 860, 4GB, GTX285Good luck,David

Here's something that cured my problem - at least for now. I know it sounds a little bit silly, but this REALLY helped with my configuration:Nota bene: I have a 285GTX with 2(!)GB VRam, so this might NOT work with 1GB VRAM.[bufferpools]poolsize=590000000and in NHancer set AA to combined 8xS or 4xSNow, 590MB bufferpools seem to be a bad idea, but with my card and configuration, it isn't. This does NOT work with lesser AA - I have no idea why, but if AA is set to 2x, for example, texture loss occurs again.Result of this tweak on my system: no sound crackling, no loss of textures, no deformation of plane.This is NOT an April's fool joke, but of course your mileage may vary on your system...

Hi Ricky,I've just solved my "black screen of death syndrome" by removing an extra unwanted video driver entry in the fsx.cfg (got the tip from a forum at flight1).If that may help...My config: FSX Acc on Win7 x64, i7 860, 4GB, GTX285Good luck,David
Thanks David, I wil have a go at it this evening!

THINGS FOR YOU TO DO:1. Foremost, I

PS: Neither does setting the poolsize to 590 Mb.[/i]
Did you try it together with NHancer Combined 8xS?

RyanI have removed the sound.dll lines on dll.xml file and I'm still experiencing the 'skeleton' for 748 for a few seconds. No difference at all with or without the sound.dll reference (except for the missing cockpit sounds, of course).My rig specs:WinXP SP3 32 bitsMoBo - Intel dp35dp (http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/dp35dp/dp35dp-overview.htm)Core2Duo E6750@2.66 GHz2GB RAMNVidia GeForce GTX275 896MB (http://www.nvidia.com.br/object/product_geforce_gtx_275_br.html)Chipset Intel P35 Express (http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Chipsets/P35/P35-overview.htm)Audio onboard: Intel High Definition Audio (http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm)As my rig is becoming 'old' for the actual standards, I think it is relevant to know that the sound.dll change is not enough to solve the problem.RegardsSchmid

Did you try it together with NHancer Combined 8xS?
Yes: Combined 8xS is my standard setting.Tim

I have removed the sound.dll lines on dll.xml file and I'm still experiencing the 'skeleton' for 748 for a few seconds.
For a few seconds? Before I tried this fix I was completely unable to regain my textures without a restart. Once they were gone, they were gone for good. Just losing them for a few seconds is fine as long as they return!Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Tom's correct, it is normal for it to take a moment to render the exterior model. The latency period will vary, even for the same system.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is it almost safe to say that running FSX in Windows XP x64 will significantly reduce or just about end most the problems we see with running Vista or 7? I see that the ones that are running XPx64 aren't upset with whats been happening to the other users.

Christopher Edwards

I wonder if this issue is a possible result of incorrect video settings via nhancer or other video settings tool.Ensure you are not attempting to enable a setting that your video card will not support.For instance for nvidia cards.. 8xq mulitsampling is only available for 88xx and later cards....I may be wrong, but I don't think nhancer cares about what hardware you actually have, but will let you make settings your card can't support.This is just a guess on my part though....

Is it almost safe to say that running FSX in Windows XP x64 will significantly reduce or just about end most the problems we see with running Vista or 7? I see that the ones that are running XPx64 aren't upset with whats been happening to the other users.
I have been following this thread for some time while building my FSX rig (see sig). What interests me is the posts that claim that moving back to XP64 on the SAME hardware virtually eliminates the particular problems that are the topic of this thread.Can those of you that have moved back to XP64 from Win 7 on the same hardware respond with a description of your system and add-ons? Also, if anyone is running a dual boot config with XP64 and Win7x64 comment on which dual boot utility you are using? Thanks!At this point in time, I am thinking about the dual boot route since I want to fly more than I want to bang bits.

For a few seconds? Before I tried this fix I was completely unable to regain my textures without a restart. Once they were gone, they were gone for good. Just losing them for a few seconds is fine as long as they return!Regards,Tom Wright
TomThe question is: removing sound.dll fixes the problem? The answer in my case is NO. To add some more information: while flying the textures demanded more time to render. At destination airport, I got only the 'skeleton' and, to push the system to the limits I tried to change from windowed mode to full screen. I got a blue screen caused by video driver so I had to turn off computer manually.I'll reduce autogen and scenery complexity from 'extremely dense' to 'very dense' and do some more tests.RegardsSchmid