Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Vic,Are you trying to fix the texture problems or are you trying to use the performance enhancing stuff? If it's just the texture fixes, you need to ONLY use the HIGHMEMFIX and STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD settings. Wait until ******* releases his guide on doing the performance part of his cfg - it's not going to work if you just copy his settings, it has to be customized for your specific machine.
Hi,I did not copy his fsx.cfg if that is what you meant. I just just copied the lines he suggestested,uninstalled nhancer and all that.Vic

I can't believe the success rate is 100%... thats unheard off.. it actually ####### me off because the solution was there in front of our noses the hole time! a single stupid line.

Don't worry about it *******. I feel that Easter was the time for you(*******) to find the solution LOL

TimTo enable the advanced options in the Nvidia control panel you need to download and install the Nvidia "system tools", here:http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.05.html Once installed, you should find a "Device settings" option under the "Performance" settings in your Nvidia control panel. From memory, you might have to confirm that you want to enable the advanced settings or something like that. Once you've found the "Device settings", it's pretty self-explanatory.Tim
thanks for links Tim, Ryanhappy flyin, Tim Wheeler

I can't believe the success rate is 100%... thats unheard off.. it actually ####### me off because the solution was there in front of our noses the hole time! a single stupid line.
Now all we need is a ******* performance tweak. lol

Guest wilevs337

Well I'll try anything once! I've added *******' lines to my XP SP3 Dual Core 2.6, 8800GTX cfg and have smoother ORBX and photo scenery and a VAST improvement within the VC with full and fluid movement of the Track IR.Cheers,Will Evans

Folks,I tested this at KORD (fsdreamteam).UT2 traffic 100%. Ut2 GA traffic 12%. Most fsx sliders to the right.Only Scenery complexity and autogen were at very dense and dense. cars at 12% boats at 40%.airport vehicles at minimum.I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers 197.13 ( add/remove+driver sweeper in safe mode).I reinstalled them drivers becasue they were crashing all the time when i first applied *******'s tweaks.I then deleted my fsx.cfg.Launched the sim and had it rebuild the cfg.Closed the sim and added the tweaks below.-----------GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 // it 're-builds' the Shader Cache (good to do on every fsx.cfg change) just enter a random number (versioning)HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647 // (2048 megabytes)[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 // Default is 40 (made 10x faster so we dont end up filling the stale buffer which is also used by the sound card)TextureMaxLoad=30 // Default is 3 (same as above, we need to make video texture transfers *fast* so it won't affect low latency devices)[sOUND]SOUND=1SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0--------I was getting too many stutters but then I remembered I forgot to add bufferpools (usepools=0).Added usepools=0.Launched the sim and stutters were very few and far between.Guess what..I moved the scenery complexity+autogen all the way to the right and the sim got smoother. My jaw dropped.I tried forcing vsync off but then i was getting ugly blurries so i turned it back on and now it's much better.I have been hovering with the westland eh101 above ohare for the past 30 mins and I experienced bad fps drops only during turns.Pmdg md11+747 and leveld767 smooth !Thank you ******* !!!Vic

I nominate ******* for FS person of the year!!!
I second the motion! All in favour (yes, that is the correct spelling)?Stephen

Confused! Shouldn't this 'TextureMaxLoad' be 'TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD'?Waldo

Confused! Shouldn't this 'TextureMaxLoad' be 'TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD'?Waldo
This is all getting so messy due to numerous threads being started... No Waldo, they are both under different headings:[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 (That is my setting when REx is applied)[DISPLAY]TextureMaxLoad=9 (or whatever your setting should be)******* posted a reply to 413X3 regarding the formula for setting the TextureMaxLoad:**Found calculation** Thanks Dario, I was looking for that.If UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT exists, then:MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD * (TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTIPLIER)) / UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMITIf it doesn't then:MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_MAX_LOADUsing the example of 413X3 settings below (1024 x (9x120)) / 30=36864 bytes\frame which is acceptable for FSX to run smoothly with the addition of *******' tweak:[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647 // (2048 megabytes)
I runTEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096Is it ok to still useTEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0TextureMaxLoad=30?I have a 1gb 285gtx
Do you have PNW? that would be a good test scenario for you.. you can also apply the formula :) the result is 'number of bytes per FRAME' so, if you run at 25 FPS, determine how much 'data' that means per second... do your math, don't be lazy :) besides, the texture manager uses those bytes as the 'max' ammount of bytes to transfer per frame, it doesn't mean the texture manager WILL transfer that data, the demand needs to exists and it will be dependent on the current scenery, texture resolution, size of textures etc etc. so don't see this as a 'tweak' because it is more like a 'limiter' a cap, the reason I post this is so you can 'carefully' micromanage your settings, but you need to understand what you are doing, so If you want a 'suggestion' as to what 'good' average values are, I would use TextureMaxLoad=9 and the multiplier set at 120. that means (assuming your frames are locked at 30)(1024 x (9x120)) / 30
Hopefully ******* and Ryan can clean things up, trying a test with settings that ******* suggested in my post and will report back to this thread :( Edited by maxam66

\Robert Hamlich/

Again Jes

I would like to say that the HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647tweak has made a world of a difference. I can actually complete a full flight with my MD-11 and not be scared to open a menu or pan around in spot view LOL. Thank you so much *******.

Christopher Edwards

Si tried this fix and it works great! One question though about nHancer. I reset the profiles and installed the new drivers. I get AA in the sim when the box is checked but its nowhere near perfect. everything glimmers and what not. Are any of you guys seeing this?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Si tried this fix and it works great! One question though about nHancer. I reset the profiles and installed the new drivers. I get AA in the sim when the box is checked but its nowhere near perfect. everything glimmers and what not. Are any of you guys seeing this?
I think we can all agree, Ryan and ******* included that we can use nHancer. My settings are exactly the same as Ryan's and I am happy with it.See Ryan's post hereIf you are using nHancer, which controls AA much better than FSX, ensure that AA is unchecked in FSX settings and you should see a difference. Also, I select Anisotropic as a filter I find it renders textures much better.

\Robert Hamlich/