Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Cierto o me vuelvo a confundir? :D
You are smart :) you got it 500% right.. the middleman is a 'director de orquesta' it controls what goes into the command buffer, so it is not saturated... (it is called Explicit Vertex Buffer) and as you correctly pointed out, they go into RAM, not video RAM. hence, it is CPU controlled! you can read all about it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff539490.aspxOjala y hubieran mas como tu... my life will be so much easier explaining stuff! by the way were are you from?Si te interesa puedes correr el FSX por el PIX para Windows, de las herramientas XNA (estan en el SDK de D3D) y le pones el debug bit al archivo fsx.exe y ves tu mismo las llamadas ;) lo pongo en espanol porque si no me ponen preso ;)Sorry guys.. I get all excited when I find fellow spanish speaking friends ;)

Well, I've proved myself pretty slow these days with all the tweaking thing. I'm a software developer, but never been interested in hardware until I needed to build my rig for FSX. Now I'm loving it, it's always cool to learn new stuff.At the risk of being a pest, I'll ask something else. If the buffer enables the CPU to control the load of calls to be sent to the VGA, how is that CPU demanding? wouldn't it be idle or at relatively low usage unless the VGA can process shaders faster? (and then the buffer could be removed anyway)I guess it's a bit more complicated than thatAnd about where I'm from, here's a clue that you might like heheI come from the country whose king told hugo chavez to shut up in a Iberoamerican summit some time ago :DNot that I support the monarchy here but still :)

Si te interesa puedes correr el FSX por el PIX para Windows, de las herramientas XNA (estan en el SDK de D3D) y le pones el debug bit al archivo fsx.exe y ves tu mismo las llamadas ;) lo pongo en espanol porque si no me ponen preso ;)
si, ya vi ese post donde dec

At the risk of being a pest, I'll ask something else. If the buffer enables the CPU to control the load of calls to be sent to the VGA, how is that CPU demanding? wouldn't it be idle or at relatively low usage unless the VGA can process shaders faster? (and then the buffer could be removed anyway)I guess it's a bit more complicated than that
It is far more complicated than that.. CORE3 and CORE4 do object pre-batching. they 'prepare' the batch calls. the BufferPools (stores) this calls or instructions in an index, and needs to 'retrieve' them from that index (imagine you were doing something like a SELECT query to retrieve a particular instruction from the queue every 1 ms) , they are hundredes, tiny ones (indexed of course) then you need to 'time' their sending to the command buffer. at a 'steady' way (regardless of the frames per second that are being generated) so.. its a LOT of stuff going on, and you need to keep all in sync! thats why I said those Microsoft guys know their stuff!
And about where I'm from, here's a clue that you might like heheI come from the country whose king told hugo chavez to shut up in a Iberoamerican summit some time ago :DNot that I support the monarchy here but still :)
ja! don't get me started... thats the only 'miracle' I wish happens... freaking mad man. (Chavez) someday.. someday we;ll get rid of him. not el rey Juan Carlos ;) he's nice.

Ok, man. Awesome. it's plain awesome what you've come to figure out with that PIX thing :DI'll give it a try and see if I can get a glimpse of how FSX works in depth. Who knows, I might come up with the next 'miracle' fix in the end XDDDD. Just kidding of course.Muchas gracias por todo, en serio

I might come up with the next 'miracle' fix in the end XDDDD. Just kidding of course.
Please do! don't get discouraged by the 'experts wanna be' smartasses that think they know it all :) share what you find with the community, because at the end, it will always benefit us all. It was a pleasure. Have a good one! y siempre a la orden.saludos,

Being the skeptic I am, I finally broke down and decided to briefly try these tweaks tonight on a fresh cfg file. Much to my amazement I was running the FTX Australia scenery with max slider autogen and the Accusim B-17 at 30 fps solid (locked at 30). No crackling or popping sound either! (Woohoo!!!)A couple notes... I am not used to 30 fps at all. I used to get between 50 and 60 with my old settings. You can definitely tell the difference between 30 and 60 if you use Track IR.I further added some more tweaks from your CFG file but I got a bluescreen upon loading the flight. I'm going to have to go back in and eliminate some of the changes until I figure out which one is causing the problem.And one final thing- without the more advanced AA settings in NHancer, the AA in FSX looks awful. This is one thing that may force me to switch back to my old cfg file and settings.I look forward to your big PDF file with all of your findings in one place. Thanks for your efforts Mr. Altuve!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I am in the same boat as you Robert. I use the fps limiter tool, so what would you use to fbm and upper framerate limiter, tml?
David,Have a read of this: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...t&p=1746883******* explains that if you are flying resource-hogging addons (really not an issue anymore, just using former jargon) use unlimited frames with a frame limiter tool. My FPS limiter is set to 30FPS which is half of the native refresh rate of my LCD.In theory there is an upper frame limit so;If UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT exists, then:MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD * (TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTIPLIER)) / UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMITUsing *******' model of calculating TBM and TML which is (1024x(9x120))/30=36864 is what I used when calculating the settings based on Texture_Max_Load=4096, when setting TextureMaxLoad ******* said that it is important to use a multiple of 3 so;(4096x(3x90))/30=36864 bytes, so;Texture_Max_Load=4096TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTIPLIER=90TextureMaxLoad=3TML setting in my case is not necessary as the default is 3 anyway and I have set my TBM anywhere between 70 and 90 in the past with good results. It would change things if there was a value possible in excess of 36864 bytes for MAX_TEXTURE_DATA.I am not sure if we can go beyond MAX_TEXTURE_DATA =36864 bytes as ******* has not commented on my post regarding a test that he suggested I try http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...t&p=1747019

\Robert Hamlich/

Please do! don't get discouraged by the 'experts wanna be' smartasses that think they know it all :) share what you find with the community, because at the end, it will always benefit us all. It was a pleasure. Have a good one! y siempre a la orden.saludos,
Oye *******, estos FSX cfg tweaks se pueden usar en Win 32 & 64 bits o solamente 64 bits ? Gracias

Oye *******, estos FSX cfg tweaks se pueden usar en Win 32 & 64 bits o solamente 64 bits ? Gracias
[ENGLISH PLEASE IF DISCUSSING TECHNICAL STUFF] (for all the others to read/understand)Puedes usarlos en ambos... no hay problema. De todas maneras, como Ryan bien lo aclaro, creo que en 32-Bit antes de tener una corrupcion de texturas vas a tener un OOM.You can use it both with 32-64 bit OSes, no problem. However, as Ryan said. you will get an OOM in 32-bit OS even before getting dissapearing/corrupted textures :)

[ENGLISH PLEASE IF DISCUSSING TECHNICAL STUFF] (for all the others to read/understand)Puedes usarlos en ambos... no hay problema. De todas maneras, como Ryan bien lo aclaro, creo que en 32-Bit antes de tener una corrupcion de texturas vas a tener un OOM.You can use it both with 32-64 bit OSes, no problem. However, as Ryan said. you will get an OOM in 32-bit OS even before getting dissapearing/corrupted textures :)
Sorry about the Spanish. Chao. :(

JesusThanks for your find!!! I think you didn

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

JesusThanks for your find!!! I think you didn

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks Robert! It

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

*******,The legendary teachings are true. You have come forth to show us our way into the light!I have applied many of your recommendations and have nothing but good news. My system has never been so stable and smooth, like a warm knife through butter.Currently running an i7 920 @ 4GHZ, 6gb low latency ram, ATI 5870 1GB, P6TV2 motherboard. I have used the high mem fix, stale buffer threshold, max texture data and texture max load i think. No buffer pool yet but I will try that tomorrow. I thought I'd share something that shows the gratification of now being able to really use FSX to its max.No title as of yet, and unfinished, this details some of the life of ******* and the legend he has spread through-out. Enjoy! In the beginning there were naysayers, non believers of the power of *******. One particular night while traversing the perils of the AVSIM forum that, ******* took out his hand , to type about his findings of Flight Sim X. Reading one post made him think that he could help the lad with his CTD's. As time grew, word of ******* spread to the four courners of the web, as news of his magical skills grew. Flocks of simmers would flood to the forum every hour to see of any more updates. Whispers of high memory fixes and bufferpools as low as 0 wondered the community. Those brave enough stepped forward, to apply his teachings as the way of their own. The days drew on as the teachings slowly took hold. Reported by many (and including the auother), these historic teachings would change the way the CPU deals with fibres, how it would be so beneficial, Scripture on Fibre Time Fractions that were never thought useful. It turned out however that not all was well with this knowledge. Word grew of some disgruntled FS9 users in the Southland, claiming this was no magic but more cheap fixes that would not work.Another couple of extracts.On these ancient commamdents, enscribed with teachings of high memory fixes and a stale buffer threshold that shall be usedPeople cam far and wide to hear the techings of *******. Thou shalt use a Buffer Poll of no more than 0. 1 Maybe added but taken away again as to not be 1 but only 0.Thanks very much!

I thought I'd share something that shows the gratification of now being able to really use FSX to its max.
I enjoyed reading it ;) so true... fortunately, I did not get crucified... (by the way, I know most of you know this) but my name is pronounced Hey-sus you all know this right? (just making sure)