Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Thanks Robert! It

\Robert Hamlich/

I know its pronouced "Hey sus" but jokes makes this post fun LOL

I read on the fsx forum that there is a guide explaining all this. Is that guide this forum topic or is there a seperate one.******* I know you mentioned you would write one - it would be ahuge help as thus topic is all very broken up.And it's hard to know what we should and shouldn't be adding to our cfg. Particularly with respect to bp'sI look forward to Reading a guide of some sortTom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

I'm pretty sure that's the guide that sums it up.

I read on the fsx forum that there is a guide explaining all this. Is that guide this forum topic or is there a seperate one.******* I know you mentioned you would write one - it would be ahuge help as thus topic is all very broken up.And it's hard to know what we should and shouldn't be adding to our cfg. Particularly with respect to bp'sI look forward to Reading a guide of some sortTom

I believe this is what you're looking for - http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538

My nvidia errored during take off... Meaning that my windows told me that nvidia stopped working properly. Then FSX crashed with an API.dll error.I don't know what I need to change in order to prevent this error?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I got the API.dll error too. Can someone help what to do if this happens? Thanks!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I got the API.dll error too. Can someone help what to do if this happens? Thanks!
Flavio AND WindshearDK:I also (when doing testing) was able to produce the API.dll error. API.dll refers to 'simconnect' so, let me ask you this:By any chance, are you guys using Ultimate traffic 2 and or any FSDT Sceneries? when you receive the API.dll error, were you IN a FSDT scenery? also, are you guys using the STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD line? are you guys using a module called FS Recorder by any chance? what about FSUIPC? I do believe the API.dll error is related to an EXTERNAL module, so you two have something in common with me, I need to know WHAT it is.Don't worry.. the error YOU are seeing, I was able to replicate on my setup (its REALLY hard to make it happen) but I could, so, with your help we can figure it out.

The only thing im not sure about is the texture max load bitIf UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT exists, then:MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD * (TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTIPLIER)) / UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMITIf UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT doesn't exist (UNLIMITED FRAMES) then:MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_MAX_LOADHow do we know what the max texture data can be?? i realise you can work it out. But if there is a limit, what is it?ThanksTom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

The only thing im not sure about is the texture max load bitIf UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT exists, then:MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD * (TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTIPLIER)) / UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMITIf UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT doesn't exist (UNLIMITED FRAMES) then:MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_MAX_LOADHow do we know what the max texture data can be?? i realise you can work it out. But if there is a limit, what is it?ThanksTom
the limit (MAX_TEXTURE_DATA) is measured in 'bytes' that is, BYTES of 'Textures' transfered every single frame, so, if you are running, at, say 25 Frames per second, then one frame is redered in aproximately 40 Milliseconds, correct? what is the CAP, the MAX you want to let the texture manager upload, in BYTES during that '40' milliseconds? Yes, I know its confusing.. but, if you do the Math, you'll see that the resulting values (in bytes) are between 3000 and 6000 bytes PER FRAME.When you INCREASE TextureMaxLoad you are simply letting the texture manager transfer MORE without discarding textures for a next pass, hence, making things more efficient.So, what is a good value? well.. it DEPENDS on your BUS, Video Card, CPU.. its a test and see value, start with 6, then 9.. when you see it doesn't have any more impact, then you have reach the limit. But, if you see that setting it to 9, induces a quick stutter, then you know you are transfering TOO much... so, keep it down. Every hardware, will have it's sweetspot.. mine is 9.And no, the is no 'limit' ;) 30 years from now, if you ran FSX in Ultra fast hardware, with PNW with 1mm ground textures then 9 would be too low ;) this is a value that increases proportionally to the overall size of the textures being used and hardware capabities. Thats why the 'default' is obsolete.

the limit (MAX_TEXTURE_DATA) is measured in 'bytes' that is, BYTES of 'Textures' transfered every single frame, so, if you are running, at, say 25 Frames per second, then one frame is redered in aproximately 40 Milliseconds, correct? what is the CAP, the MAX you want to let the texture manager upload, in BYTES during that '40' milliseconds? Yes, I know its confusing.. but, if you do the Math, you'll see that the resulting values (in bytes) are between 3000 and 6000 bytes PER FRAME.When you INCREASE TextureMaxLoad you are simply letting the texture manager transfer MORE without discarding textures for a next pass, hence, making things more efficient.So, what is a good value? well.. it DEPENDS on your BUS, Video Card, CPU.. its a test and see value, start with 6, then 9.. when you see it doesn't have any more impact, then you have reach the limit. But, if you see that setting it to 9, induces a quick stutter, then you know you are transfering TOO much... so, keep it down. Every hardware, will have it's sweetspot.. mine is 9.And no, the is no 'limit' ;) 30 years from now, if you ran FSX in Ultra fast hardware, with PNW with 1mm ground textures then 9 would be too low ;) this is a value that increases proportionally to the overall size of the textures being used and hardware capabities. Thats why the 'default' is obsolete.
Great information....just want to double check that the resulting value is between 30,000 and 60,000 bytes per frame (rather than 3000 to 6000). 4096 x 9 = 36,864.I have a core 2 duo 3.0 GHz with Nvidia 8800GT 512 card. I have it set up now for 2048 x 12 = 24576 and I think that is right for my lower end system. One other question on 2 core processors. Do we need to add any of these tweaks JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[MAIN]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25or are these only for quad core i processors?thanks, Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Great information....just want to double check that the resulting value is between 30,000 and 60,000 bytes per frame (rather than 3000 to 6000). 4096 x 9 = 36,864.
Sure.. :) but I was using 1024 :) (and the default of 3)By the way... have you noticed posts where people SWEAR they have better performance when using REX 4096 clouds? ;) they were not lying :)
One other question on 2 core processors. Do we need to add any of these tweaks JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[MAIN]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25
mark, on two cores, the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION will definitely help... but, the AffinityMask will hurt you! you don't want to movethe main schdulers with the texture manager!! thats a very 'spike happy' thread ;) goes to 100%, 10% 100% again.. it will you frame rate volatility. So, just let the fiber and main scheduler share CORE0

Thanks *******, I will leave things alone when it comes to the scheduler and fibre frame rate.One other thing I should mention. I currently have frames unlimted and it does move all over the place, however, when I added the upper frame rate limiter it really hurt the performance so I have removed it. Not sure it that is because me system is not very fast or not.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Don't worry.. the error YOU are seeing, I was able to replicate on my setup (its REALLY hard to make it happen) but I could, so, with your help we can figure it out.
Hello *******! Thanks for the feedback.I have a "yes" for 3 of your questions: Yes i was in a FSDT airport (KLAS) because it

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I will try some flights in other places and take out the entry for fsuipc in the DLL.xml (And rename the fsuipc.dll to fsuipc.bak) for test and report back to you.
Exactly, take out one by one, things from both exe.xml and dll.xml, I'm pretty sure the API.dll errors are caused by an add-on, it 'could' be couatl.exe (FSDT) or the Add-on manager, or even maybe FSUIPC, but until we single out the error, we can not focus to see which one is responsilble.. You did not mention anything about Ultimate Traffic 2, you have too right? (it uses simconnect) to inject the AI same as FSDT to inject scenery objects and FSUIPC talks to simconnect :) and simconnect = API.dll