Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Thanks Rob and Brian, I haven't had much chance to fly lately so haven't yet added everything. I have flown a few times and have been getting some lock ups and crashes here and there but no texture loss. So before I add too much I just need to find stability.Thanks again and sorry for the late reply.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

i have texture max load to 4098, what should everything else be to stablize?
Hi Alex - Texture max load should be 4096, I think that is what you meant to say. That value is needed only if you run something like REx 4096 x 4096 HD textures and would only be enabled if you run the UI.The mods that I have used which I have found to work are:[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024 [bUFFERPOOLS]RejectThreshold=524288which replaces:[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=0[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15You and Dan are running Windows 7 so you can use:[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=15Dan - I found that adjusting "RejectThreshold" was the kicker for me. Start with the value 524288 (512 mb) and see if your system is running smoothly, then reduce it to 256 mb and 128 mb until you experience stuttering, lock-ups or crashes then set it to the value preceding it.And remember bojote's calculation I posted above to determine texture loads vs frame rate... (1024*(9*120))/30=36864 which is 36mb. I found that taking the time to calculate the values will allow you should set your FSX.cfg and result in the desired effect that you are looking for. I found that adjusting Mesh and Texture resolution, the latter having a better effect, removed the hang-ups I was experiencing.It will be nice to see the tweak guide being released soon.

\Robert Hamlich/

Man ole man...What's the problems out there? The end of June, 2010 I just build a new system:Intel I-7 980X standard speed no OCGTX 480X video card running a two monitor hook up12 GB of memory for the Asus P6X58D premium MOBOWestern Digital Rapture drive 10,000rpm...I have all my sliders in FSX maxed out to the Right...Fly the following: Eaglesoft Citation X - PMDG 747-400F and 8I versionsThe PMDG MD-11 and default FSX planes from time to time...I tried unlimited settings with FPS and sometimes it goes over 200fps when I am flying out in the country so to speak...Get around busy airports with car traffic,people, full airport scenery, or boats, water all of these running full maxed...When I land at Fort Worth/Dallas traffic is running all over the place, even heavy trucks, cars, buses and etc...over the interstates...Looks like the "real" world to me...With all my settings wide open at Dallas or other busy airports, the FPS will drop down to 25 to 30, but never below 25....All the scenery runs very smooth plus I am using REX2 and FScommander 8.1 on the same machine...All cores are working equally. I finally set the FPS back to 30fps and it sticks right on...Never moves....I changed my fsx.cfg to see what would happen, nothing changed so I set it back to default...I even messed with setting "affinity Mask" that really didn't change anything... So I came to the conclusion that a very "hot" video card like the GTX480X with 12gb of memory probably solved all my problems from the dual core I was trying to use...That's it very satisfied....FDX183EJA183Bob Adams

Bob Adams

It's your CPU and video card that did that Bob, 12GB of RAM is pretty ridiculous for FSX, it can only ever actually address 4GB anyway (hard limit as a 32bit application even when it's running under a 64 bit OS).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Man ole man...What's the problems out there? The end of June, 2010 I just build a new system:Intel I-7 980X standard speed no OCGTX 480X video card running a two monitor hook up12 GB of memory for the Asus P6X58D premium MOBOWestern Digital Rapture drive 10,000rpm...I have all my sliders in FSX maxed out to the Right...Fly the following: Eaglesoft Citation X - PMDG 747-400F and 8I versionsThe PMDG MD-11 and default FSX planes from time to time...I tried unlimited settings with FPS and sometimes it goes over 200fps when I am flying out in the country so to speak...Get around busy airports with car traffic,people, full airport scenery, or boats, water all of these running full maxed...When I land at Fort Worth/Dallas traffic is running all over the place, even heavy trucks, cars, buses and etc...over the interstates...Looks like the "real" world to me...With all my settings wide open at Dallas or other busy airports, the FPS will drop down to 25 to 30, but never below 25....All the scenery runs very smooth plus I am using REX2 and FScommander 8.1 on the same machine...All cores are working equally. I finally set the FPS back to 30fps and it sticks right on...Never moves....I changed my fsx.cfg to see what would happen, nothing changed so I set it back to default...I even messed with setting "affinity Mask" that really didn't change anything... So I came to the conclusion that a very "hot" video card like the GTX480X with 12gb of memory probably solved all my problems from the dual core I was trying to use...That's it very satisfied....FDX183EJA183Bob Adams
Well I know what to go buy now...

Noah Bryant

I would rather spend that money on PPL. Of course if someone is e.g. commercial pilot, that kind of hardware is easy affordable. Anyways, nice specs! :)

Hi,I thought someone from PMDG wanted to created a PDF file about the all tweaks for FSX.Is that thing already out or what happened to the plan?Bye.

guys i am absolutley loving the usepools=0, for performance!but it does randomly cause my fsx to crash with a nvd.dll error [graphics card]..[bufferPools]UsePools=1RejectThreshold=262144PoolSize=2097152ABOVE is my settings with usepools=1my question is, can i get the usepools =0 performance without causing instablitily [perhaps bring down thershold a little i just dont know] cheerS!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Something odd happened to meFirst some specsi7 920 OC @ 3.9ghz (had 4.0ghz but temp on occasions spikes a little high, very stable though) Vista 64bit6gb 4870X2 2x1024mbI installed some scenery and bits and peices and since then when I press ";" (shortcut for save) or use any menu when in flight I would get the black screen or white with corruption. I checked this thread and saw these wonderful fixes and tweaks. I added the the pools tweak (=0) and I get crazy white corruption inital loading so I removed it. I then try the highmemfix tweak and hard crashes with a full system reboot shortly after take off. I remove the lot and it is back to as it was. I then try the Win 7 fix of using the vista 32bit dll and that solves my menu causing graphics issues it seems and FSX is back to normal.It seems stange to me because this apparently only fixes Win 7 64bit issues but it fixed my Vista 64bit issue also (so far it seems). As for the other tweaks and even the memfix and combinations I have yet to see any increase in frames what so ever. The only time I have seen good increase in frames is when I overclocked my CPU. Though I must say with all the fps heavy mods and crazy AI traffic levels I am happy with my frame rate.

My system has been suffering from sudden FSX crashes when flying the JS41. So far these crashes have ocurred when clicking on the FSX menu bar (ALT+Aircraft) and in one ocassion by clicking multiple times on the RMU to tune it because it refused to tune. Yesterday I installed the ui*.DLL from Vista 32-bit that was posted here, I hope that solves my FSX crashes with the PMDG J41.My system specs are: OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bits (up-to-date) Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio with regular 2-speaker set (no fancy cable spider web stuff) CPU: Intel Core i7-920 @ 2.67GHz no overclocking RAM: 6GB HD: 2x 1TB Serial ATA Video: nVidia GeForce GTX285 with 1GB onboard memory FSX SP2 with almost full sliders (most but not all, except AI which is default). Get 25-30 fps

UPDATE 04/4/2010:2. Hardware survey:I

UPDATE 04/4/2010:SUMMARY OF THE ISSUES:Issue #1: Black screen, cream screen and/or CTD (can happen while using the menus)

Set Your cockpit detail level to medium (in PMDG settings), it will remove this "glitch".

That is a known issue Emilio that happens to many of us, as Grzegorz said set your cockpit details to medium in the J41 config (it only removes visible icing on windows while in VC) and it will fix it. When the next patch for the J41 comes it should be fixed.

Hi,I thought someone from PMDG wanted to created a PDF file about the all tweaks for FSX.Is that thing already out or what happened to the plan?Bye.
Anyone?

Anyone?
oh please pmdg- do you know anythink about mr. *******- is he still there or is the .pdf cancelled?please give as a livesign- PLEASE!

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG