Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Guest jjjarvi

I have XP 32 with 4 GB RAM QX 9650 oc 3.6 Ghz and GTX 285 card with 182.50 drivers. Because I have old designed CPU QX 9650 and GTX 285 videocard which is last year model, so is it possible that older CPU cannot overload new 285 card and BP=0 could work in stable?? Videocard could handdle all what cpu will send without crashing?Jukka

Guest jjjarvi

[TERRAIN]MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 //Supposed to remove grids, can drop to 15MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21Does this tweak working? I found more info about that tweak: "With water set to 2x low or high, add the following lines to your fsx.cfg [TERRAIN) section. These will eliminate or reduce the shimmer, while also helping to sharpen ground textures!" True story or False?? If has allready [DISPLAY] section lines : TextureMaxLoad, does those 2 tweaks working together??Jukka

So all those lines i have to add under the proper [ ]? So under [GRAPHICS], I would add the line right under the title which would be [GRAPHICS] I would put HIGHMEMFIX=1?

Sorry I haven't read through all of this thread but clearly I belong in here. My problem is a permanently corrupted panel (see pic attached) that is new to the JS-41 (not a problem on a previous Win 7 machine) on my shiny new Alienware machine which has powerful specs: Win 7, Processor Intel i7 980, 3.33GHz, 12GB, ATI 5970 card on Dell 30 inch monitor running 2560x1600x16 resolution. When I loaded FSX it automatically pinned all the settings to Ultra High but the airplane disappeared into just 2 props on an outside view. The panel was corrupted also. I turned all settings down to high except for Aircraft which I changed to Medium and the outside view of the plane returned but nothing I tried seemed to correct the panel. I had also installed FS2Crew and Net Framework 4 ... but uninstalled the former. I re-loaded the JS-41 and the SP1 with no joy.Have I just grown too big for my britches with this spaceship or is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Sorry I haven't read through all of this thread but clearly I belong in here. My problem is a permanently corrupted panel (see pic attached) that is new to the JS-41 (not a problem on a previous Win 7 machine) on my shiny new Alienware machine which has powerful specs: Win 7, Processor Intel i7 980, 3.33GHz, 12GB, ATI 5970 card on Dell 30 inch monitor running 2560x1600x16 resolution. When I loaded FSX it automatically pinned all the settings to Ultra High but the airplane disappeared into just 2 props on an outside view. The panel was corrupted also. I turned all settings down to high except for Aircraft which I changed to Medium and the outside view of the plane returned but nothing I tried seemed to correct the panel. I had also installed FS2Crew and Net Framework 4 ... but uninstalled the former. I re-loaded the JS-41 and the SP1 with no joy.Have I just grown too big for my britches with this spaceship or is there something obvious that I'm missing?
OK I found the solution ... it's just a checkbox away!Best,

Guest rdotts

Does the system stop freezing.

Does the system stop freezing.
If you're experiencing lock ups or freezing, that is a different issue and could be many things and not related to this problem/resolution.I would start a new topic on the subject and maybe we can help you find the issue. Just be sure to list your specs and as much detail of your problem as you can think of. Also be sure to sign your new post with your full name per forum rules, thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I only see this issue when using addon textures (photo-real ground scenery or REX or anything) and only on one older FS9 plane that was made into an FSX plane. That is the {BLANK} 737 (I know Im not supposed to use other companies name here) The cockpit dissappears, and slowly the screen becomes just black on the bottom and white on the top.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

Hi, I also had lockups and freezing. I found that I had some enhanced audio settings for noise cancellation and auto level areas checked. I unchecked them and I'm now golden on operation. Anyway, that was my solution.CaptMacDon McDaniel

Just to throw in my two cents about the issue, I know that a few months ago I had the issues 3 and 4 excessively using an EVGA 780 motherboard. Back in March I did a pretty major computer upgrade. Admittedly, I have not flown the 747-400 as much as I would like to since that point. However with the few hours I've put on the bird, I haven't had the corruption since getting the Asus P6X58D motherboard. Also my audio is now via the Logitech G35 headset and I haven't seen the issue. My current specs as of now, without experiencing the issue are as follows:Asus P6X58DCore i7 920 @ 2.67 gHZEVGA GTX 2806GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1667Creative XTreme Gamer Sound CardWindows 7 64-bitI also have used many other add-ons such as the LevelD and Concorde X and have not experienced the skeleton issue with that. Also, I'd like to note that even with these new upgrades, I still get more freezes and lockups with the PMDG 747 than any other of my aircraft, payware or not.In regards to the questionnaire:1. Have you ever seen this issue happen with the PMDG J41?I have not seen the issue with this aircraft but have used this aircraft mostly since my upgrade.2. Have you ever seen this happen in Windows XP (32 or 64-bit)?I don't use XP hardly ever so I couldn't tell you.3. Have you ever seen anything like this happen in FS9?I rarely use FS9 but haven't had the issue in FS9.4. Have you ever seen this happen with a default aircraft or other aircraft you know to not be using custom sound?This has NEVER happened to me in a default aircraft. I've never had the issue besides with the PMDG 747.5. Can you reproduce the issue on a completely clean system?Yes I have had this problem before on a 100% clean Windows installation.

Well I read up to page 18 and I started to play with my FSX.cfg file. I had the lost texture problem and somewhat low frame rate. I also had this huge problem with FSX going into FSX(Not Responding) and would get the milky screen, after ten minutes it would resume like nothing happen no fatal error, no error at all. Really hard to track when everything looked fine.I resolved all my problems with all the info I had here. I tried the UIAtuomationcore.dll file many times back and forth this one and that one. I do have the vista version installed as to this thread but I still was having problems with FSX(Not Responding). After many hours of tweeking my cfg file i noticed I had 2 FSX.cfg files, I was only making the ******* tweeks to 1 of these files so i deleted both files let FSX rebuild the file and tweek the FSX.cfg file from scratch. All I can say is, this is how I always wanted to experience FSX. Smooth, Great frame rates and no unexpected freeze ups of FSX.THANK YOU to PMDG, *******, Ryan and everyone else who has contrubuted to this thread. All my frustrations were not all for nothing there was some very trying times but FSX run great now thank you again.William Coadei7 860260 GTXWin7

Since a few weeks, I get countless CTD's with nvd3dum.dll as the faulting module. I did reinstall my video drivers several times. The CTD's occur most of the time when I try to exit some menu, like the payload dialog, the map or the FSUIPC window. I didn't get the CTD before the last weeks and I cannot think of any changes I made. Does anyone know what to do te solve this very frustrating issue?

I experience this issue with another addon or default and it seems partially video card driver related with me. I tried *******'s trick, and it seems successful so far. I don't quite know yet, but I'll report back ina few days with more info.UPDATE:As well, it seems that reducing your settings helps out too, as it's reducing system load. I ran FSX for 3.5 hours last night, and I was alt-tabbing and flying on and off for that whole time with not so much as a twinge visually. Thanks *******!My system specs:Windows 7 Ultimate 64bitIntel i7 Quadcore overclocked to 3.07 GhZNVidia GTX 470 with 197.71 drivers installedFSX Acceleration8BG DDR3 Ram

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

New user here. Haven't time just at the moment to read all 20+ pages of this thread, but I'm experiencing issue four. My specs are in my signature; this is a brand-new install of FSX, PMDG 747-400X, and FlyTampa's Kai Tak scenery. I've seen all the external textures disappear from my 747 two or three times already, in ~6-8 hours of flying time, and am fairly sure I've seen this in both full-screen and windowed mode. I've not seen it with any other aircraft (yet), but I only have maybe 2 hours under my belt in the FSX stock aircraft, and I don't have anything third party installed except the PMDG 747 and FlyTampa HK Kai Tak scenery.Hopefully this is of help to somebody. :)

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

New user here. Haven't time just at the moment to read all 20+ pages of this thread, but I'm experiencing issue four. My specs are in my signature; this is a brand-new install of FSX, PMDG 747-400X, and FlyTampa's Kai Tak scenery. I've seen all the external textures disappear from my 747 two or three times already, in ~6-8 hours of flying time, and am fairly sure I've seen this in both full-screen and windowed mode. I've not seen it with any other aircraft (yet), but I only have maybe 2 hours under my belt in the FSX stock aircraft, and I don't have anything third party installed except the PMDG 747 and FlyTampa HK Kai Tak scenery.Hopefully this is of help to somebody. :)
Hi there. Have you read about the highmemfix solution in this thread? I seriously recommend reading the start of this topic and following the links Ryan has posted to erase the 'skeleton' issues. OrTry Bojote's Tweaking and tuning tool which will sort this out for you. http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Gavin Price