Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Hidden files in Windows 7

I am running FS9 under Windows 7 Pro64. Why is it that I can see the folder for the C152 but not for the C206, C182 and the Mooney? All four of the aircraft run very well under Windows 7. My problem is that my Mooney was a very early version and requires the "radio" patch. The Mooney flys well, but to change the second set of Comm and Navigation Radios I need the patch. Under Windows 7 I can neither see the aircraft folder to load the updated config file, nor can I load the the new gauge that was part of the zip file.Any help?Tom

Guest DaveWard

FS9, Windows7 Pro, in mine, the Mooney is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Carenado mooneyConsider hitting the start button, type "mooney" in the "search programs and files" blank, click on the "see more results" button and when the explorer window opens, fine the "search again" spot and click on "computer"That will bring up every file w/ Mooney in the name, so when the search ends, right click and "open folder" to get the complete address of the file location.My best guess. Dave

Dave,Thanks but no joy. I am 100% certain that the files are located where they should be under the correct directory and folder. For some reason, they are hidden. I just need to know how to unhide the folders.Tom

Dave,Thanks but no joy. I am 100% certain that the files are located where they should be under the correct directory and folder. For some reason, they are hidden. I just need to know how to unhide the folders.Tom
In Windows 7 go to the windows explorer page, then select the option (organiser) in the top left corner.Then select folder and search options and change on the display tab the folderview to show hidden folders and files.Press apply and you're done.

I tryed that, but still no joy. What is UAC? Where is located and would that help my problem if I turned UAC off and reset the folderview? (I would reinstate UAC after modifing the folder)Tom

UAC is windows security mechanism, introduced with Vista and continued in windows 7UAC can be found by clicking the start button ( nowadays called the windows button) and type UAC in the search programs and files box.The top item found is the UAC window (click it).The slider then can be moved to increase or decrease the level of security that is enforced on the system partition ( drive that windows 7 is located on).This will not enable you to see hidden files or folders but you will be able to manipulate them when they are located on the system partition.Kind regards,Tom van der HorstMircrosoft Certified IT Professional on Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7

Tom - Thank youI have a froend stopping bye on Friday I hopes that he can resolve my invisible floder issues.Just a quick note of thanks to Carenado. Their tech support team provided to me an updated copy of their Mooney that had the radio patch in place. I loaded the update over my unpatched invisible Moony files and now everything works on the Mooney. But the folder still remains hiden.Thanks againTom