Sign in to follow this  

More AA587

Hi Braun,I like the articles you post on accidents. Very interesting.Bruce.PS. On new computer- with sound! (I'll e-mail you) :)

Braun,Those articles about the American Airlines A300 make for very interesting reading. Why is it that so many official reports of air crashes these days seem to bear no relation to eye witness information ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris! Well that IS the question, is it not? As an Air Traffic Controller of 15 years, I was personally involved in 4 incident investigations, two non-fatal, two fatal. In each case, my experience was more like that which is being demanded by the authors of these various articles I have been linking to...nothing like what is currently the case with both TWA 800 and now AA587.There seems to be an effort to quell the facts and keep the citizens "warm, fuzzy, and stupid". Just my take on the affair, but one held by many aviation professionals worldwide.Time will tell. The great thing about the Internet is the power of the truth, and access to the masses. One thing I know for sure, the "official" Warren Report (Kennedy Assassination) would not have held up to the test if it was released today, a fact that is born out by the congressional declaration concerning the JFK assassination of some years back, which directly challenged many of the assertions made in that report, and pointedly said, there was enough evidence to point to a second shooter.http://www.archives.gov/research_room/jfk/...tee_report.htmlAs to govt. spin, and the citizenry, one only needs to read the excellent book written concerning the time of the atomic bomb testing in Utah of the 50's and 60's. The title of the book is: "The Day We Bombed Utah", by John G. Fuller. In it, he describes the use of the term, "Sunshine Units" by the US Government, to encourage the citizenry to go watch the Atomic Tests. The "Sunshine Unit" of course referred to RADS (radiation absorbed dose). The thrust here was already the public were becoming concerned about the effects of radiation, and there was strong sentiment afoot to shut down the testing. The cold warriors could never allow that, hence the spin doctors sick twist of words, and the continued testing above ground until the mid-60's...knowing full well the effects both on the local citizens and the world at large.Cheers,bt