Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Missing Bridges, please help.

Many bridges that were present in the last 3 versions of Flight Simulator are now missing, broken or incomplete.It has been concluded that much of the bridge rendering is now in the hands of our beloved autogen system.I have put up a screenshot gallery for you to post pictures of missing, broken or incomplete bridges in the area's you fly.This post, nor the following website is intended to bash Microsoft or the Beta-Testers or the Dev's. It is, quite simply, a repository of images for everyone, including Microsoft, to see what bridges are looking like for those of us who miss them.My hope is that this gallery will provide enough information for MS to rectify the problem, or, for some adept scenery creators to help us out with our missing/broken bridges.If you have screens of broken/missing/incomplete bridges I ask that you post them at this website:http://idle.thehueys.com/bridgesThanks in advance,idle

Hi idle.The "autogen" bridges of FS2004 are not automatic. They are VTP lines... just like the roads and streams and shores. They are placed as line segments, then rendered. A road does not automatically become a bridge as it passes over water ( although that would have been a good solution ).The larger bridges omitted from FS2004 would be objects. Worldwide, there are hundreds of significant bridges, that each would require creating a unique object BGL. Even FS2004 had a limited budget to hire scenery designers, so the bridges were simply omitted.Programs like Ground2K can add VTP lines, and I have successfully added some newer "autogen" bridges with that program ( although it really should have an update for FS2004 to simplify that process, as I used a trick to get the program to add them ).Gmax can be used to create unique bridges as objects.It's not be a bad idea to compile a list of significant bridges that need to be created, with lat-long endpoints... and perhaps photos. Then such a list could be made into the VTP type for a quick fix, with Gmaxed objects to be added later, for a more accurate rendition.Dick