Sign in to follow this  
CactusDx

Legal Trade Practices...

Regarding FSUIPC, etc...Not that an opinion here will ultimately matter.Ultimately what needs be found out is WHAT the FTC's opinion might be on the matter!In a nutshell, I buy X product, if I wish to use Y et al, products produced to be used with X product, I must pay Z for the privilege.No doubt the above 'hodgepodge' will sound as odd to the FTC as it seems to me.If nothing else, I would like to be a fly on the wall when M$ gets a call from an attorney with the FTC, regarding the above 'hodgepodge, wouldn't you?let's find out...

yes indeed the FTC thought it quite a 'hodgepodge' as well.Filed and forwarded.Next National Fraud Info center,and my state Atty General, Antitrust & Fraud unit...M$, ya shoulda jumped into bed with 'Z' years ago!Now that it's payware, Mr. 'Z' has a 'MONOPOLY' doesn't he, M$ just hates that word, don't ya think?Mr 'Z' will too!IMO...

>Regarding FSUIPC, etc...>>Ultimately what needs be found out is WHAT the FTC's opinion might >be on the matter!>>In a nutshell, I buy X product, if I wish to use Y et al, products >produced to be used with X product, I must pay Z for the privilege.>>No doubt the above 'hodgepodge' will sound as odd to the FTC as it >seems to me.You don't pay Z anything, product X will work fine. You have already indirectly paid for the use of Y within the purchase price of product X.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Don't even bother answering them Ernie.Or else you're the next one to have "abused" your loyal customers by changing your product to a commercial one.

If add on Y won't work w/o, 'Z's product, and NOW, due to Z's action, Y is NOW payware it's an anti-trust plus a MONOPOLY case, isn't it?We'll see how the lawyers shake it all out...IMO sue em all, and watch the fun...;o)

>Don't even bother answering them Ernie.>>Or else you're the next one to have "abused" your loyal customers >by changing your product to a commercial one.I'm not worried about it, unlike some of the others my payware version was a complete from scratch rewrite, and the free version is still available and supported.There are ways to switch to payware with minimal flack.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Three posts total, and all in this thread. Not only do you not know what the heck you are talking about, you are a troll too. This thread is closed and your account is now wiped.

1.)I buy a Pick-up Truck (Variable-X)2.)I purchase a camping trailer/fishing boat etc.. (Variable-Y)3.)In order to get Y to function with X I must now purchase a hitch from another vendor (Variable-Z).If I want to get my flight sim to continue to "tow" my add-on's I'll simply need to buy the FSUIPC "hitch". I don't remember seeing any gaurantees anywhere along my 17 year flight sim career that this was going to be a cheap or free hobby. Mike CollierPhoenix, Az