Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

How do you get a screenshot with FS2004?

In FS2002, I could push the Print Screen key and paste the file into my favorite graphics viewer.. this does not work anymore..Also, has anyone found out if you can refuel at the new, fancy gas stations?

Bert

Guest ssurjap

Print screen should work. If not, then there may be freeware or shareware out there that does a print screen. I use Screen Shot Deluxe 5.0 by Broderbund.As far as the fuel, yes it does work.

OK... I was able to fill up.. just had to be a bit patient.But no luck with screenshots! Has anyone got it to work with the Print Screen key?

Bert

Bert....If you've enabled AA by "forcing it" via Rivatuner, vs. using MSFS's option within FS2004, you'll find the printscreen key may not work unless you're in "windowed" mode. To be quite frank, I just use FS2004's option, and I don't use the "force" option. I just don't see any fps impact....I must lead a charmed life :)-John

John, you are right, the Print Screen key works in windowed mode!See below!That is twice you have bailed me out..If I see you at the Avsim conference, I'll buy you a beer!Re the AA option, on my system, enabling AA in FS costs me about 5 fps, whereas 2xAA enabled, using the force options is pretty much "free"..

Bert

I'm glad to hear it worked! I'll have to take a raincheck on the Beer, as I have to wait until the conference hits Phoenix :(But seeing the tower in your Toronto shot reminded me of a funny (and true) conversation I had with a coworker many years ago. I used to work for a firm on the east coast--in DC. Although I lived on the West Coast, I'd fly out once a quarter for training. During our initial training (we were all being trained as systems instructors), we soon got to know one of our peers was from the Deep South, and had never been out of her hometown before. She was a bit of a novice in all things related to "life" experience, and she had an accent thicker than you could imagine. One afternoon, a group of about ten of us descended on DC. Pre 9/11, the White House guards just thought we were a little nuts while we walked in front of the White House saying "Here Kitty Kitty Kitty", "Here Socks". We were trying to appease our friend from the deep south, who thought she could get to see Socks (this dates back to just a few months after Clinton took office).Anyway, we came out behind the White House, and our friend stops, points at the Washington Monument, and says with her thickest accent:"Hey y'all...whats that tall whot pointeee thang?"Before I could jump in, someone in my group said "The Department of Interior Decorators"Every time I see a shot of any "tall whot pointeee thang", I remember that day clear as this morning :)-John

Great story!!I'll let you know if I'm ever close to the Sunbelt and you can have your beer then!from just north of Toronto (try Toronto Buttonville..)

Bert

Guest Vulcho

Hey John,What was her response if I may ask? :)Great story.

Alex...What was really scary, was that she just said "Oh".... But she turned out to be one of our best instructors....our clients felt she was communicating on their level...-John