Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Do you have to disable anything within ASE for REX2?

Bit the bullet and now own ASE. Will use SimConnect. I hope this stops my freeze issue. Quick question for anyone having ASE. If you want REX2 Extreme to create the clouds, what do you have to do in initial set up? Do you have to deactivate any graphics function within ASE? If so, how?In Active Sky 6.5, you had to disable ASG. I did a fast look over on the ASE GUI, and could not find anywhere you'd disable the internal cloud graphics. Or perhaps there isn't one?I will be reading the entire manual later...but wanted to use ASE right away via SimConnect and see if my FSX freeze had ended.So, do you need to adjust anything on initial installation so as to have REX2 Extreme as your cloud texture generator when using ASE?Thanks in advance,Mitch

Bit the bullet and now own ASE. Will use SimConnect. I hope this stops my freeze issue. Quick question for anyone having ASE. If you want REX2 Extreme to create the clouds, what do you have to do in initial set up? Do you have to deactivate any graphics function within ASE? If so, how?In Active Sky 6.5, you had to disable ASG. I did a fast look over on the ASE GUI, and could not find anywhere you'd disable the internal cloud graphics. Or perhaps there isn't one?I will be reading the entire manual later...but wanted to use ASE right away via SimConnect and see if my FSX freeze had ended.So, do you need to adjust anything on initial installation so as to have REX2 Extreme as your cloud texture generator when using ASE?Thanks in advance,Mitch---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There is nothihg to disable. You have to take a Universal Snapshot of the texture files present in your FSX folder. I did that. I hope that is how you start using the REX2 cloud textures. If not, Jim can you please advise.Thanks

Bit the bullet and now own ASE. Will use SimConnect. I hope this stops my freeze issue. Quick question for anyone having ASE. If you want REX2 Extreme to create the clouds, what do you have to do in initial set up? Do you have to deactivate any graphics function within ASE? If so, how?In Active Sky 6.5, you had to disable ASG. I did a fast look over on the ASE GUI, and could not find anywhere you'd disable the internal cloud graphics. Or perhaps there isn't one?I will be reading the entire manual later...but wanted to use ASE right away via SimConnect and see if my FSX freeze had ended.So, do you need to adjust anything on initial installation so as to have REX2 Extreme as your cloud texture generator when using ASE?Thanks in advance,Mitch
Mitch - To just use REX2, just run it and create your cloud set. Shut it down. Run ASE and FSX and fly.To use DIFFERENT sets - Start REX - install selected theme - start ASE - graphics tab - save snapshot - give it a handy name.repeat as necessary and you can build up a stash of cloud sets so that you need not run REX again. All the changes would be handled by ASE.And no you do not have to disbale any onboard graphics in ASE.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Mitch - To just use REX2, just run it and create your cloud set. Shut it down. Run ASE and FSX and fly.To use DIFFERENT sets - Start REX - install selected theme - start ASE - graphics tab - save snapshot - give it a handy name.repeat as necessary and you can build up a stash of cloud sets so that you need not run REX again. All the changes would be handled by ASE.And no you do not have to disbale any onboard graphics in ASE.Vic------------------------------------------------------Thanks Vic. You gave me what I needed to know.Mitch

The downside of that approach is that each snapshot takes extra harddisk space. So my personal preferance is to run REX each time before I enter the simulator to have it update the textures based on weather.

The downside of that approach is that each snapshot takes extra harddisk space. So my personal preferance is to run REX each time before I enter the simulator to have it update the textures based on weather.
That's true but with 1TB drives under $100 US, disk space will soon be a non issue.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

That's true but with 1TB drives under $100 US, disk space will soon be a non issue.
That's what they always said. But so far with each storage increase software developers also increased the size of the data their programs include. For example the average game now has about 10 to 15 gig's. That's about a tenfold increase since the first 100gig HD's were introduced.

That's what they always said. But so far with each storage increase software developers also increased the size of the data their programs include. For example the average game now has about 10 to 15 gig's. That's about a tenfold increase since the first 100gig HD's were introduced.
LOL! How true!