Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elderberry

Some FS2004 bugs and a few random thoughts

Hey everyone,Having recieved my copy of COF on Tuesday, I am truly impressed so far. However, there is at least one annoying bug currently plaguing me. First off, my rig is an AMD XP1900+ (1.6 GHz), 768 MB of PC2100 DDRRam, and a Geforce 4 Ti4400 128 MB AGP. My problem is that exiting the Sim in Fullscreen mode reboots the system. I have to switch to windowed mode to get around this. I beleive its related to the string of NVidia driver bugs everyone has been reporting. I'm running the 41.09 drivers right now. I tried several of the newer drivers, including the beta 44.67s from Guru3D, but all of these result in a black screen except for the aircraft preview window on the create a flight screen when I start the sim. The 41.09s are the only ones I've found so far that actually work. Anyone else experience these sort of anomolies? Hopefully the upcoming WHQL 44.67s will help me out.Now, on to some better thoughts. last night as I was departing JFK 22R, I noticed the new "Position and Hold" feature, and that was definately cool. I also noticed that as I was holding for takeoff clearance, there was an MD-80 on final behind me for the same runway. By the time I was cleared, he was only 3 miles out. Back in FS2002, ATC wouldn't let you even cross an active runway if a plane was less than 10 miles away. All these things definately sped up operations at JFK and are bringing it that much closer to reality.Joe Wagner

I would make sure that past drivers haven't left any doo-doo.I had some problems like that-until I removed all remenants of past driver.It is a pain-and I don't know why they (nvidia) don't make it transparent and easy when installing new drivers-but it seems to be the way.No problems here at all with a similar system-but had to remove past stuff manually.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest Elderberry

Joe, I don't have an answer but thought I'd let you know you are not alone. My machine also reboots when exiting from fullscreen. I have not done any trouble shooting yet as I just got FS2004 installed. If I come across fix I'll post it here.Mike