Sign in to follow this  
Guest BC_KBOS

FS 2004 Nvidia 44.67 Drivers???

Hi all! As we all know those of us with Nvidia GeForce FX cards cannot see their 2d panels.. In the "Flight Simulator News" section however it says that the drivers will be available today (August 1st). Does anyone know where they are?? I have tried the guru3d.com site and those drivers don't seem to satisfy the problem. See you in he skies ;)

Yeah.. i keep checking.. still nothing. Anyone else have any ideas on this?

Could you possibly clarify where to go.. I am at the windows update screen and i see no updates in relation to video drivers. thanks

Guest goon

After waiting ages in the UK and following the release on the forums, I thought I was clued up to install this morning. Imagine my horror when the 44.67's did nothing to fix my blank 2D screen problem. I had to get the 44.71's to fix this on a GeForce FX5600.Just for info.....Edit: You'll find them on guru3d.com, I just checked.

ok.. i tried both the 44.67 and the 44.71 drivers and neither of them worked.. I did notice however that Evga.com has released the 44.67 driver version. However the only problem is that i have a PNY GeForce Fx 5200 ultra.. PLEASE does anyone know anyhing about fixing this??????thanks

Anyone have any more suggestions??? Microsoft says that they should have been released today.. I don't see any. Please help ;)thanksb

Guest CarlHill

What about all of the Win 98 users? We are all up the creek I guess. Seems as though all of the newer drivers are for XP. I'm glad my FX5600U is still new. I'm going to return it for a Radeon 9600 Pro. After all of these years with Nvidia, I can't believe they have finally been outdone, but I guess times change. What does MS use for testing? It seems there are issues with the top 2 brands of video cards on the market and FS9. Sloppy QA if you ask me, but other than that, I'd say it's much better than past versions.CH

ok.. thanks for your comments.. but does anyone have a solutions to our problem?

Guest CarlHill

Well, it's really a mystery now. I just noticed that my HawkerXP 2d panel works fine, even with AA turned on using the 44.03 drivers. Go figure. The plot thickens!!!! I guess we'll have to hold out for the driver issue to be fixed. Didn't mean to bore you guys with my frustration!CH

Guest SlimDady

cant downgrade your driver version for now?

Guest BC_KBOS

Not sure if this applies, and it sure is weird, but I read somewhere in a thread about the Radeon card, that changing the sim's full screen resolution to something other than the desktop does the job.Now, that may not cure the 2D problem, of which I am unaware. MY problem was that in full screen mode (with a TI4600 card) I could not access menus, flashing/black screen etc.This evening, I switched the sim's full screen res from 1024x768 (my desktop/system default) to 1600x1200. Took a whack on frames, not bad, but the problem went away.I am thinking that it's not a driver issue. It may be a sim issue on some systems. If Radeon *AND* NVidia users are experiencing similar problems, the likelihood of the cards being the problem moves out of the range of probability. It's the program. Hard to imagine that the two most popular video cards out there have the same or similar problem, and the sim is not at fault.Just an idea.Oh, and some have said the problems will not require a patch. Remember FS2000 and the disaster with the Tokyo file not extracting properly during install? Guess what? Just guess where FS9 was when it hung during install. After two attempts, abort, retry, fail (who sez DOS is dead?) I clicked on "ignore" and the install completed.Waiting to see if my sim is bad, although a file compare tells me that Tokyo did, in fact, install correctly.In any event, on my meager Athlon 950 system, the sim seems to run at about 10-20 FPS (locked at 20) with many settings cranked up. That would defy the logic, but I am getting away with it. Go figure.BC