Sign in to follow this  
CharlieZ

FS9 and Project AI

Guest Dominik Mann

I was wondering whether any of you might have tried editing ACOF's AI traffic using the Project AI packages or comparable items from other makers. Since I don't have ACOF yet (and will only get it after my new Radeon, just to be on the safe side :-hah ), I have no idea about the sim's file structure or the general way ACOF handles its AI traffic. I am aware that ACOF is still rather new, but I was thinking there might be a slim chance of somebody having tried fiddling with this important component of this game already :-) .Cheers,

Guest bjjones

From what i've gathered modifying AI traffic is pretty much the same, the current Traffic tools doesn't work but there is a compatable temporary one here http://projectai.flight1.net/forums/forum_...N=1&FID=42&PR=3. I've not tried the PAI packages but i've copied across all my Aircraft / flightplans from the FS2002 traffic.bgl without making any changes and everything works fine as you can see below.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/27081.jpg

Guest Dominik Mann

That's great to know! :D Thanks, Ben!

I installed all the Ultimate traffic aircraft and flightplans to FS2004 using the suggestions from the following post and also kept the original traffic and flightplans:Member since Nov 22nd 2002 41 posts #126166, "RE: FS2004 & Ultimate Traffic"In response to In response to 0Sat Jul-26-03 12:07 AMby KERNEL32 Hey Eric,I got it to work, although the parking spots are a bit off everything seems intact. All I did was:(1) copy the old fs2002 traffic.bgl (found in fs2002/scenedb/ATC/scenery folder, then I dropped it into the FS9/scenery/world/scenery folder. Youll see a file called traffic030528.bgl in that folder as well. What I did first was ran FS9 with both traffic files in there, and low and behold ALL the traffic was visible! (both FS9 default AND UT). So I simply MOVED the default traffic030528.bgl file into a safe place (somewhere where FS9 cannot find any bgl files) and kept the traffic.bgl (UT File) in there and all seems to work ok.(2) Open two occurances of windows explorer and copy all Flight One AI Aircraft from the old fs2002/aircraft folder into the FS9/aircraft folder.Thats it for now! Traffic flow seems to move better than the sometimes 30-45 minute waits at big airports, BUT I havent tested enough to know for sure. I also havent paid too much attention to see if aircraft are actually landing at the airports and staying on the ground (or dissapearing), Ive been too busy enjoying the new stuff in FS9!Of course maybe someone else paying more attention could enlighten us with more details on what is or isnt working but the "real" ambience of r/w airlines and ATC callsigns is enough 4 me for now until they patch it.EDITED- Oops i see someone else already posted an answer, my slow typing bit me that time!

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, that's even better! :-jumpy I'll try that when I get my copy of ACOF :-hah !

well i just tried using the temp TTtools but got an error message before compile anyone know why?also any way of getting rid of the @ in notepad quickly?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest CargoMun

A question for CharlieZ or anyone else using the same approach with both FS9 traffic.bgl and the old fs2002 bgl; Does tinkering with the traffic % and/or unchecking the GA/Airline checkbox in FS9 have same effect on both versions of traffic?

Tinkering with the traffic percent does have an effect with both traffic.bgl files for me. i have not unchecked the GA/Airline checkbox, so I cannot comment on that.