Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

Still getting POOR performance in FS2004 2D panel

Guest danowat

Hi,I have tried almost everything, but I still get poor performance in the 2D panel view.All other views are great, I get 35 fps in VC and external, but 8 fps in 2D panel.It is OK will most of the default planes, it only seems to effect addon planes, Milton's commanders are a good example, which by the way work great in FS2004, clickable VC and all :).So any ideas on how I can increase 2D panel performance?ThanksDan.

A couple of things you can try...In the section of FS9.cfg, you can try either or both of these entries:PanelAsTexture=0 TextureAGP=0The PanelAsTexture flag may cause 2-d panels to blank out if you've enabled AA via FS2004. Turning it off, and enabling AA via Rivatuner, solves this problem....BTW, I may be off on the verbiage of the PanelAsTexture flag. If you search display.cfg with notepad, you should find what I'm referencing, as Microsoft defaulted it to zero with at least one vid card....-John

Guest danowat

Hi,Well John, I am very greatful to you, the "panelastexture=0" flag worked a treat.THANK YOU VERY MUCHDan.

Hi, Be aware the display is under your video card type. -With the default fs2004 aircraft, the frame rate still the same with TextureAGP=0 in 2d panel.-If you turn the TextureAGP=1, you will see near 4 fps drop with the default fs2004 aircraft in 2d panel view.[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X.0]Mode=1024x768x32TriLinear=1TextureAGP=0 <--------------------ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest danowat

Hi Chris,Thanks for your help, yes I do get better frames with TextureAGP=0, but it was the panelastexture=0 that was REALLY killing my FS2004.ThanksDan.