Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Autogen offset

Hi thereIs there an offset for autogen to change it in mid flight without having to manually open the config menu?Those extra 3-5 FPS would definitely help in busy airportsThanks

Hi thereIs there an offset for autogen to change it in mid flight without having to manually open the config menu?Those extra 3-5 FPS would definitely help in busy airportsThanks
Yes and no. Open the options settings, change your autogen to whatever you wish and then save the settings with a unique file name like busyairports.cfg or whatever. When you start getting to the altitude when autogen kicks in just go to settings and load the cfg file you saved. Just remember though the next time you load FSX or a different flight you will have to change it back to the original cfg or you will be starting out with no autogen. You can do that before or after you set up or start a new flight.**** Remember first to save your original config settings. **** with whatever you decide to name the .cfg file. eg..... original.cfgThats about the quickest way I do it to minimize playing with the sliders. You still will have to open the options menu though. :-(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

To solidify the answer, Dazz... no, there is no command offset for the autogen setting. While you can change the setting in the control panels and with pre-saved custom configs, there is no assignable offset capable of reducing or increasing autogen on the fly. Additionally, changing the autogen settings would require the simulator to fully "reset" the scenery system, requiring a reload of the scenery objects. This process is much like the loading of your first flight, but typically quicker - but the key is that it would still interrupt your flight session to do it. Sadly, you will have to perform some semblance of a manual process in order to make such a change mid-flight.-Greg

Thanks DaveBeen doing my own research with FSInterrogate but no luck.Ultimate terrain can change those settings outside of FSX, so I guess there must be a way to do it with an offset or something.Your solution is good since it will allow to change more than one setting at a time. If I could find the offsets for every single setting I could reproduce that behaviour with a simple Lua script, that'd be coolI'll post here if I eventually come up with something just in case anyone else wants to give it a try

Yes and no. Open the options settings, change your autogen to whatever you wish and then save the settings with a unique file name like busyairports.cfg or whatever. When you start getting to the altitude when autogen kicks in just go to settings and load the cfg file you saved. Just remember though the next time you load FSX or a different flight you will have to change it back to the original cfg or you will be starting out with no autogen. You can do that before or after you set up or start a new flight.**** Remember first to save your original config settings. **** with whatever you decide to name the .cfg file. eg..... original.cfgThats about the quickest way I do it to minimize playing with the sliders. You still will have to open the options menu though. :-(
EDIT:Sorry Greg I missed your post here.You make complete sense. Ultimate terrain can only change those settings when FSX is shut down, so it might just change the settings in the config file before the flight loads.Thanks again guys
To solidify the answer, Dazz... no, there is no command offset for the autogen setting. While you can change the setting in the control panels and with pre-saved custom configs, there is no assignable offset capable of reducing or increasing autogen on the fly. Additionally, changing the autogen settings would require the simulator to fully "reset" the scenery system, requiring a reload of the scenery objects. This process is much like the loading of your first flight, but typically quicker - but the key is that it would still interrupt your flight session to do it. Sadly, you will have to perform some semblance of a manual process in order to make such a change mid-flight.-Greg

I'm using your saved settings solution combined with a mouse macro in AutoHotKey to simulate the setting load with a key stroke.It works great! cheers :)