Sign in to follow this  
dolin

some questions

Hi, I have a couple of questions for you;1- I was reading the manual, and my attention was caught by one thing:In the Comparision table between various versions of Radar Contact, inside the section about Enroute features (that is page 15)there is a box telling: Request initial descent be a pilot's discretion clearance.This option is enabled only in v4If I got it right, this box says that initial descend is asked by the pilot, and not ordered by RCCan anyone tell me more abput this feature, and how to enable it?2- Reading other topics I saw information about RC v5.I'm intrigued: when will it come out?Thanks!

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb

Hi Dolin,You will only see the Pilot Discretion option if you have comms (not handed over to Otto). That is the only requirement for it to be available. It is shown when RC instructs you to descend from cruise. By selecting the PD option it's up to you when to commence your descent but remember you will still be required to meet the crossing restriction at the required altitude.v5 is still in development. Only JD can give an estimate of when it's available but I'll quote his usual phrase - "Quality not Calendar". :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Dolin,You will only see the Pilot Discretion option if you have comms (not handed over to Otto). That is the only requirement for it to be available. It is shown when RC instructs you to descend from cruise. By selecting the PD option it's up to you when to commence your descent but remember you will still be required to meet the crossing restriction at the required altitude.v5 is still in development. Only JD can give an estimate of when it's available but I'll quote his usual phrase - "Quality not Calendar". :(
Thanks for the reply, how do i know about restrictions?Will RC tell me "cross XXXXX at FLYYY"?

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb

RC will say "descend [flight level / altitude] 110, 11000ft, 120 or 12000ft. I need you down in 30 miles or less". Depending on a near side or far side approach. That's your key to meeting the crossing restriction.If you have a FMS/CDU then program a waypoint 40 miles from the arrival airport. Set the altitude for it as required and engage VNav. Easy peasy. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather