Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Windows 7 GodMode

Guest firehawk44
An easy way to find just about everything.http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2010/01/05/...ows-7-god-mode/
Uh, that's been out for some time now and has been posted several times already. It is nice to have everything in one place though but I find it difficult to find simple things like Event Viewer. It's a lot faster and easier for me to simply click on Start, type in EV, and the link is instantly there. Same for getting to Services. Just typing Ser and you have the link to Services instantly. Going down the list and looking for these options is a real pain for me (sometimes). Thanks for the link again as I'm sure others have not seen it yet.Best regards,Jim

The works great in Windows 7.GodMode provides users with a Control Panel for all Windows settings,from changing your desktop background to setting up a partitioning your hard drive.The GodMode part can be anything.For instance I will be tried SuperControl.I will be tried on vista.

Don't underestimate Firehawk44's tip, which despite not being a fancy-schmancy registry hack, is probably one of the most powerful features of Windows 7. Hit the Start button (or simply press the "Windows" key), and start typing the first few words of the program/shortcut you are looking to start. In a flash, you have what you want. For me, [Windows] f-l-i = flight simulator. Bam. Nearly faster than finding the icon and clicking on it. [Windows] e-v = EVE Online. Granted, it works more for actual programs and shortcuts as opposed to specific settings items, but in reality, if you are having to visit those specific settings so much as to need the GodMode to do it, perhaps one is fiddling too much? (And I should know, I am the uber-fiddler!!) Anyway - GodMode is a useful tool, but take heed to what firehawk44 suggested. It is one of the best features around. -Greg