Sign in to follow this  
cgioldy

Cold & Dark

Hello,Every time I start the J41, most lights are ON and it seems to be running. I would like to start in a COLD & DARK cockpit and start from scratch vs. starting the sim with all the lights on. Can someone tell me how to be able to start the sim and have a cold and dark cockpit?Thanks, Costas Gioldasis

My method is first only use the default Trike as the default aircraft to load. Load the JS41, put it in the state you want such as cold and dark and save it.To use it, load the default Trike first, then load a new flight using the previousely saved cold and dark JS41. This has always worked for me.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've been using the same method as Dan. Works very well this way.

Iam seem to be missing a step here some where this is what i did,1 I got my trike as the default aircraft when fsx loads.2 I than load the cessna up for example ymml than shut it down to cold and start.3 Than i load my cls dc10 and it loads up nearly all powered down except for few switches i shut down complety the aicraft 4 Than on the top tab i click the save flight option where i type in cold and dark state for cls dc10 clcik save and exit sim next time i load up fsx i for example i want to start from yssy using the cold and dark state of the dc101 I start fsx trike loads up than i select yssy etc for my departure2 Once fsx loads up i than go to top and select option load aircrft i select the the dc10 that i saved b43 than find out when it loads up it back at ymml in cold and dark where i had saved it b4 least it was but not at my departure yssy so had to select go to airport.So what am i doing wrong here? thx it would save me one step of selecting go to airport each time.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Whose DC-10 are you using? PMDG doesn't make a DC-10Try loading the trike, then after it is loaded you load your complex aircraft (whatever it happens to be).

Dan Downs KCRP

hi thx for ur help but it happens to the jet stream as well, think i know why when i save it it saves it as a flight save not as a panel state so when i say want to start from yssy i load my trike there than i go up an load the save i had done but when i select it it than says fly now. when i click fly now it brings me back to the airport where i had saved the aircraft being the jet stream or the dc-10. so than i have to use one more step to select go to airport just another step i have to do. other than this the aircraft are shut down so the save is working but not the destination.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks guys, I've been able to save it in a cold and dark state after loading Cessna 172 and shutting it down, etc...seems to work fine. I've also downloaded that utility mentioned, and may give it a try. Not sure why these aircraft can't just start cold and dark automatically...kind of annoying, but I'm sure there's a reason I don't understand. It's ok now.Thanks again,Costas Gioldasis

...kind of annoying, but I'm sure there's a reason I don't understand. It's ok now.
I agree, but am sure like you said, it has to be a reason I don't understand since I can't imagine having to jump thru hoops just because PMDG didn't feel like including a Dark & Cold panel state. Anywho, I'm glad others created the useful utility.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

There are no 'panel states' in the JS41, the state that it loads is dependant on the FSX methods. Adding a panel state feature would have had to happen very early in development and would have added time/cost.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well Fscrew will be out for the J41 very soon and will be able to put the aircraft into cold and dark setup. It will also give you a F/O that will help with checklist and uses voice control. I personaly get on very well with the maddog version of FScrew so I will be getting this when it comes out.Its going to add so many new features to the J41 flying experience. The FO will also help you to not set the engines of fire so much hehe.

Guest Depar

Loading the (cold&dark flight) by default window of FS (welcome screen), will let you to load Cold but not complete dark.But right clicking the saved flight, and loading via FSX exe works great for me 100%cold and dark.This also skips the welcome screen (which is where the bug comes from I guess), and goes directly to saved flight.You can sellect always load these kind of files to be opened by FSX.exe, so next time you'll beable to double click on your saved (cold&dark) flights as a short cut.No any other software or Luas needed.This is how I do to load complete cold&dark. I hope it helps.Rgds.Depar Ka

Loading the (cold&dark flight) by default window of FS (welcome screen), will let you to load Cold but not complete dark.But right clicking the saved flight, and loading via FSX exe works great for me 100%cold and dark.This also skips the welcome screen (which is where the bug comes from I guess), and goes directly to saved flight.You can sellect always load these kind of files to be opened by FSX.exe, so next time you'll beable to double click on your saved (cold&dark) flights as a short cut.No any other software or Luas needed.This is how I do to load complete cold&dark. I hope it helps.Rgds.Depar Ka
Hi Depar Ka,Thank you very much and well done for this tip !!! I knew this process but I forgot it (so bad ;-))...and more : it seems to fixe the FMS blank problem (for me it works).Have a nice flight.Regards.Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Guest Depar
Hi Depar Ka,Thank you very much and well done for this tip !!! I knew this process but I forgot it (so bad ;-))...and more : it seems to fixe the FMS blank problem (for me it works).Have a nice flight.Regards.Richard Portier
Hi Richard,I am happy that it worked for you too.Happy LandingsDepar Ka

Guest Depar

The problem for those who are having dificulties to find solution with startup is because too many Startup and Cold&Dark titles and topics in the same forum.Please find the easiest and the most reliable way you could startup your cold&dark a/c and/or saved flight, within my recent post above.Bst rgds.Depar Ka