Sign in to follow this  
3Green

extending batery life in FS2004 without using FSUIPC?

anybody?and a controler calibrating tool providing a null zone? (useful to get thrust reversers in action)?Thank's

Okay, NO, unless you are a programmer and build your own interface!W. Sieffert

Try this:Edit the aircraft.cfg file and add the following entry:(electrical) <------------------------square bracketsmax_battery_voltage=0This will give you unlimited battery...

Guest digtek

Maybe it was me, but adding max_battery_voltage=0 did not work.And for whatever it is worth I am not happy about FSUIPC not allowing those options to be set in the new version (not going to rant about it, and 20 bucks is not the end of the world but until a new version of SB that works with my LAN connection on windows XP so I can fly online again is released I am NOT paying for it).With that said I have not figured out how to get UNLIMITED battery but I did come up with this which will extend battery life...Under electrical in the aircraft.cfg file as mentioned above you will find lines like this:autopilot=0, 5 , 17.0The last number listed is the minimum voltage at which the device will operate (one would think setting it to zero would allow unlimited battery but my tests show it does not work that way - dead is dead). However, setting this figure to lets say 1.0 will extend battery life a good bit. What I actually do is leave the avionics and avionics bus set to 10.0 (as a indicator that the battery voltage is dropping), thus when you lose your avionics power you still have time to start an engine so your generator runs.

You may have to register FSUIPC to get this (at least in FS9). That's what I have done, and I get updates and support now for the life of the product.Bruce.

Guest adl320

I've been using this setting in my AIRCRAFT.CFG files for a while now in FS2002 with success. Hopefully it will work in FS2004.Under the (electrical) group, add:Electric_always_available=1That ensures that your entire plan will have electric power, regardless of settings. The down side is you can't turn things off if you like the cold & Dark scenario.