Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Water reflection in FS2004

Greetings.I'm not able to activate the great looking water reflection effect in FS2004. I have tried all settings, and I am aware that this effect has changed over FS2002. I do believe that my graphics card supports it.I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the effect? It is supposed to look like the picture posted a bit down in this thread: http://www.flightsim.no/forum/showflat.php...b=5&o=7&fpart=1My specs: MSI GeForce4 TI4800 SE (128MB DDR AGP)Asus P4PEP4 2.53GHz2x512MB DDR-RAMIf anyone with this graphics card can enable water reflection please let me know. I'm not able to find very much info on this card.Thanks.Regards,Bj

Just wanted to let you know that I got a solution to the problem. I got a tip from another forum that I should try to set the regional settings to 'English (United States)' in Windows XP, and so I did. Lo and behold there were the reflections and the animated sea in all it's glory!I would never have thought of this without that tip, so anyone not living in the US should try this until a patch is released. I'm guessing it has something to do with number formats or something (I had it set to Norwegian earlier).Happy flying!Bj

Guest CargoMun

OMG youre tip worked Bj

Guest AIH781

This does not work for Geforce 2 MX/MX400 cards :( Any other suggestions?

Guest AIH781

That sucks, although I do get a slightly more realistic water tone without reflections

I don't know about you guys but I have just flown around on a few 737s and was paying close attention to the ocean being off the coast of California and for the life of me was suprised at how much the ocean DID NOT reflect and appear to *move* at higher altitudes 10000'. I could see the coast line clearly but could not make out any movement whatsoever. This leads me back to lower settings on water for FS which looks more real to a Big iron flyer like myself and saves on my frame rates ;). [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4] [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

My PC always seems to want to behave differently than the rest. I have Windows XP Home on a P4 2.53 Ghz, 512 Mb Ram and a GeForce Ti 4600 (128 Mb). I have the 44.67 drivers recommended by MS, combined with the 44.03 stereo drivers. I changed my regional settings from Belgian Dutch to English US, but noting happened. Water detail IS set to 'high' and terrain detail to 'Land only'. I also tried a number of resolutions and screen depths (16-bit, 32-bit), but I just can't get the water effects to kick in.Any other ideas?Paul

Guest Tony

Make sure you've got the weather set to clear (I think the cloud coverage needs to be less than 6/8 for the reflective water to show) and that you are looking into the sun.

Thanks for the reply, Tony. In the mean time I found the solution myself. When I re-read my own post it suddenly dawned on me that the stereo drivers might cause the problem. So I removed them and re-installed the 44.67 drivers. Bingo!I'm afraid I now have to choose between my stereo glasses and pretty looking water reflections. I got the reflections at no extra price with FS2004. The stereo glasses on the other hand...Paul