Sign in to follow this  
jcalder

What do PMDG Pilots do in real life?

Hey all,Just curious as to what most of you do in real life aside from this addicting hobby we call flight simulation?I am 27 years old and live in a very small town in Manitoba, Canada, pretty much right where North Dakota, Minnesota and Manitoba meet. I farm 3200 acres with dad and two uncles. Last year I bought 400 acres and I rent an additional 350 myself and have been running that 750 acres on my own since 2002. I've been working on the farm (shovelling grain, doing mechanical maintenence and driving heavy equipment) since 1996 when I was only 13 years old.My sister's boyfriend is a pilot for Air Canada, he flies the A320 series and the Embraer jets. He also farms about 20 miles away near Miami Manitoba. My brother has been in aviation at UND in Grand Forks ND for 3 years, he was first taking ATC but decided that wasn't for him, then he got his PPL and was going to go for a commercial pilot job then quit that as well. He is now getting a degree in Airport Management. I've always been obsessed with planes and always wanted to fly but I'm very obsessed with farming as well so this discovery of Flight Simulator and awesome addons such as PMDG and LDS lets me pretend to be a pilot without leaving the farming behind.My other big interest, since during the summer farming takes 99% of my time, is snowmobiling. I have two snowmobiles, a 2008 Polaris Dragon and a 2007 Polaris Switchback, between the two I put on 2300 miles this last winter.Hopefully others will show interest in this topic, the community on these forums is excellent and sometimes it's nice just to get an idea where everyone is coming from.Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

Hi Jeff;I'm from Saudi Arabia, I was raised in a small farm in my home town Albaha (south of Saudi Arabia), water is very much a problem for us (it doesn't rain much over here), and farming is not a choice any more because of lack of water and no much job offers available, so we moved to Jeddah which is a big city and I wanted very much to be a fighter pilot but due to vision problems (back in mid 80's) they rejected my request, so I found a very good career in aircraft maintenance, started school in Cincinnati Ohio (language school), then moved to Lansing, Michigan for avionics school, joined Saudi Arabian Airlines 1990 and still on this job since then (I'm just so much in love with airplanes and computer technology), so I spend my free time after work and during my days off simming.wish every body the best.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Aside from my PMDG job, I'm a professional musician. I make guitar transcription books (aka "tabs", hence my username) of popular rock and metal music for the major US publishers (Alfred Publishing and Hal Leonard Corp.) as my main day job, and I play lead guitar in a touring band: http://www.myspace.com/sketchinginstereoI'm tossing around the idea of trying to become an air traffic controller the next time the FAA does open hiring, kinda getting burnt out a bit on the guitar book thing lately.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

^^Interesting, I guess I left out the part where I play drums in my spare time as well. Not currently in any sort of band since due to my real job I can't commit anything. During spring and fall I'm always super-busy and never around.Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

Im 19, and in for 8 months draft in the Royal Danish Army from tuesday. I'm hoping to become a tactical officer in the navy.

As i am colour deficient,i am a music student, about to start a music degree at Leeds University here in the UKDrummer, guitar, steel pan, keybaord song writerRegards

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Quite interesting topic.I'm working as a ship broker for a German ship owner.Best regardsDaniel

Best regards

Daniel Harms

Telecommunications industry, head of purchasing organization, recently 2 years in KDFW and now back near EDDM - frequent flyer but always in the back :(

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

i am currently in school, leave in a year!! i am studying to become a RAF fighter pilot.

I'm in my mid 40's, run the QA dept for a software company and have my PPL. Always wanted (and still do) to be an airline pilot, aviation is in my blood. I enjoy flying all types of sim aircraft.Bob

I've been a Fleet Service Agent for US Airways for the last (almost) 31 years. First in Cleveland,Ohio and the last seven in Dallas-Ft. Worth.

NAX669.png

I'm 22. Live in UK. CPL/IR. Flying Instructor @ Denham (EGLD). Looking for airline jobs everyday.

Hi GuysI was born in Luanda, Angola (West Africa), at 5 years old we moved to South Africa, where I stayed for 35 years, completing my schooling and military service. I then took up an electrical trade, which I eventually, after completing decided to give it up and pursue the only passion I ever had and that was flying. Unfortunately by the time I completed my Commercial License, I was too old for Airlines, so I continued in the charter world for 14 years. I flew the following types of aircraft :Piper Chieftain, Piper Seneca, Cessna 210, Piper Aztec, Beechcraft Baron 58 and 55 plus many more singles and twins. To let you guys know those were the best years of my life. For about 5 years I also owned an Air Charter company, which I started with a friend. Boy did we have fun!!!Now I live in Aberystwyth, West Wales in the United Kingdom. I am still licensed, but do not fly professionally anymore, because I do not have a British license and quite frankly I do not want to go through all that again (plus I do not have the money).In closing I would like to add I also flew a Helicopter here in the UK.Kim Barreto