Sign in to follow this  
jcalder

What do PMDG Pilots do in real life?

Engineer (HVAC, controls, access control) and BA. Recently sold my shares in my last company. Live in Paris.Started simming with FS5Microlight/ultralight pilot.Best aviation memories :- as a passenger : Concorde (once), Boeing 707, Caravelle, Super constellation (but so long ago I can hardly remember...)- as a pilot: Reunion to Mauritius (FMEE to FIMP) in an FK9 Bruno

I live too close to Toronto Canada where I have held various positions working for a large waste management firm. I have worked for them for ten-years. I am a Mechanic by trade both cars and trucks. I have been a Fleet Manager for the past more than six-years for this company with five-managers that report up to me. The job stinks literally and there are plenty of maggots, roaches, fleas and rodents and such to go around; but hey it pays the bills. Does chain-smoking qualify as a hobby? I smoke some pretty good cigars to. I work too many hours in a job that stress

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

High school freshman in love with physics and a very special person.That's about it, for now.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hi all, I am 73years of age and got interested in MSFS aged 60 and i am well into it. I fly PMDG 737ng, 747 md11 in both FS9/FSX. I live three miles from Glasgow airport (EGPF) near the glide path into runway 05. I am fortunate that the wind direction changes frequently here and I can an A330 or T7 go into land and during the turn around the wind can change and I see them depart from runway 23 passing overhead. This in itself is quite fascinating. richard welsh.

I am 26, and do airframes/flight controls work on SH-60B helicopter for the US Navy in Mayport, FL. Working on aircraft helps a lot with the flight simulation aspect cause at least I can understand what goes on under the hood. At some point I want to get my private pilots, but even renting an aircraft is major $$. So not to sure about it.

Very interesting thread. I am 52 years old. I live in the northeast of the Netherlands and I work as a civil & structural engineer with a major oil company. I have been simming since FS5. Gosh, I can't even remember how long ago that was, but I am still enjoying it!Eric

Hi,Age 37, live in the peak district national park (UK) in a small village where I grew up.Been flight simming since about 1988 starting with solo flight, mig alley ace, and sub logic flight simulator 2 on the commodore 64 running at about 2 fps.From there I managed to get into real flying and flew in Austraila and Indonesia few a couple of yeears before returning to the UK and working night frieght on the old HS748s.Presently a captain on the 747-400 with Virgin Atlantic,been on the 400 for 13 years and 3 days now and getting ready for a change.I`ve been lucky enough to have had a small roll as a tester/tech advisor on both the PMDG 747s and also a small roll on the aerowinx PS1 back in 98.I often fly the 400 in the sim but mainly I like to fly low and slow or low and fast so am flying the realair aca aircraft and duke,a2a cub or the skysim hawk.I`m a bit of a frustrated fighter pilot so am eagerly waiting the release of the VRS F18 for fsx next week :( Other spare time spent on motorbike touring, shooting and fishing,but wife and 18 month old son have reduced that to a minimum(can`t complain though, they`re great)I cant play any instruments!Interesting threadall the bestJon Bunting

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I am 55 years old and live in Ponte Vedra Beach,Fl. JeffG
Well, I live in Pontevedra too !!! (Galicia-Spain), see coordinates below.48Y with a large family, architect, working in my own office with two other colleagues, trying to overcome the present building sector recession, I will be taking an important examination next wednesday for a position in a nearby municipality (prayers are welcome :().PPL in 1981, not active now (lack of time, money shortage and, above all, no wife's clearance), but discovering FS2004 in 2005 (a birthday gift) meant my return to flying.

Chief pilot for a major airline (NOT, good wish though).Actually I am a scientist with a Biotech firm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Private pilot on odd occasions and father of two daughters most of the rest of my spare time.Dell Farnan
Hi Dell,Where do you fly out of- I soloed at San Carlos(KSQL) and flew out of Palo Alto a lot too.Bruce (Knight)
Hi,Age 37, live in the peak district national park (UK) in a small village where I grew up.Been flight simming since about 1988 starting with solo flight, mig alley ace, and sub logic flight simulator 2 on the commodore 64 running at about 2 fps.From there I managed to get into real flying and flew in Austraila and Indonesia few a couple of yeears before returning to the UK and working night frieght on the old HS748s.Presently a captain on the 747-400 with Virgin Atlantic,been on the 400 for 13 years and 3 days now and getting ready for a change.I`ve been lucky enough to have had a small roll as a tester/tech advisor on both the PMDG 747s and also a small roll on the aerowinx PS1 back in 98.I often fly the 400 in the sim but mainly I like to fly low and slow or low and fast so am flying the realair aca aircraft and duke,a2a cub or the skysim hawk.I`m a bit of a frustrated fighter pilot so am eagerly waiting the release of the VRS F18 for fsx next week :( Other spare time spent on motorbike touring, shooting and fishing,but wife and 18 month old son have reduced that to a minimum(can`t complain though, they`re great)I cant play any instruments!Interesting threadall the bestJon Bunting
Great to hear from you again Jon, I remember you from PS1 days!Bruce.

I'm 26 living in Chicago, IL, currently a medical student. However, I'll graduate with my medical degree in about 3 weeks and go on for residency training as an orthopaedic surgeon starting this July.

Eric Szczesniak

I'm 46 years old and I'm an English teacher. Originally I come from Amesbury, Wiltshire in the UK but I've been living in Warsaw since 1994. I live with my fianc

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I noticed that some started simming from FS5, boy I started from FS1 back in 87/88 days and I'm only 45 years old, man..... time flies.best of luck to all.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Used to be a Multi-Channel Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer in the U.S Army; now I'm an IT Instructor, Course Developer, and FSR.Going for PPL when wife finishes school.

Well, I live in Pontevedra too !!! (Galicia-Spain), see coordinates below.48Y with a large family, architect, working in my own office with two other colleagues, trying to overcome the present building sector recession, I will be taking an important examination next wednesday for a position in a nearby municipality (prayers are welcome :().PPL in 1981, not active now (lack of time, money shortage and, above all, no wife's clearance), but discovering FS2004 in 2005 (a birthday gift) meant my return to flying.
Well, hello my fellow colleague! :( 32 years, PPL not finished (yeap, it is very expensive to fly just 4 fun IRL :(). When I get comfortable in terms of 'time-space-money', will return to finish my last hours. :)For now I have a 'clearway' as I'm still with A/T disengaged! B) I have a dog though! hehehe Happy Flying! ;)

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Hi, I'm 27 years old real ATC (area control), I'm also planing to make a full atpl license later :-),until that time I frequently fly as an observer :-). And I like PMDG products veeery much :-)Best regards,Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs