Sign in to follow this  

Looking for video card under $200 for FS2004

Guest MEA707

I am planning on building a brand new PC. Right now I'm looking into going for a Pentium 4 2.4GHz since they are affordable now.I'm looking for the best video card with a maximum price of $200. My plans are to play FS2004 and other games as well, but mostly FS2004.If there is some way you can convince me to spend a LITTLE more than $200, then I'll consider it.At first I was looking into the GeForceFX 5600 Ultra but after seeing the benchmarks, I've changed my mind.Now I'm leaning towards the Radeon 9600 Pro.Remember, this is for an entirely new system, not a system upgrade.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Regards

I was in your same predicamant, I actually purchased the FX52000 ultra. I actaually like the card. I have DELL p3 1 gig with 256 ram. I keep all the sliders in the middle or more, No AI beacause I like the flight, low on the clouds, which still look great in my opinion. I use activesky as well. I'm actually going to trade it in for the FX56000 ltg gold(600 core) addition by pixeviel/prolin. 3D guru gave it a great review. I actually over clocked my FX5200 card to 350/700. the fx56000 gold edition starts @350/600 and can be clocked and it has 256ram. Don't only stay focused on benchmarks, as you know benchmarks on games are far diffrerent than sims with near photoreal scenery...hope this helps. I ordered mine from KOMUSA($149+25 for the 600mhz) for less than my FX5200 ultra I bought @ Best Buy(which is going Back) Shipping is free online with the online coupon. Good LuckK7

Guest MEA707

The GeForce4 Ti4800 sure is a bargain but it's not a DX9 card.I'm looking for a DX9 card and I know my options are limited.Regards

K7,Thanks for your input I choose to buy the same card however from KOMUSA it cost me 149 with the 35 upgrade for the gold ltg after shipping I was at 195 but still feel that it will be better than my G force 3 64ram card and theres no since in buying the high end card of the 5900ultra since I have a mid range system (P4 2.0 with 512ram of the old kind of memory). Plan on running this system know for another year and them upgrading the whole thing to top end and push the sliders from mid to right and really start to enjoy the 3d's of CoF. Happy with my system now and will feel better with the new card. I dont really care about frames just want a smooth flight in the single a/c. If I can get an average of 12-18 with 12 at high detail areas then I will be happy.Kilstorm

Best Video cards for the 150-200 dollar market?? ATI Radeon 9500 pro .. (Extremely Rare card) Performed too well for the market .. ATI couldnt afford to make many so they yanked it. Do not get the 9600 Pro which is the sucessor.. it doesnt come close to the 9500's performance. On the NVIDIA End The Second Edition Geforce FX 5600 Ultra. Please note however. NEVER buy a card that doesnt say Either "PRO or ULTRA" without those words you will get a slightly slower card. (some resellers are trying to pass them off as being the same)If you want to get the lowest prices check www.pricewatch.comhope that helpsMaxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Guest Lizardo

I just ordered an ATI Radeon 9500 pro for $189 (no tax, free US shipping, ground) for $189 at http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/shop.asp(beware: the Sapphire 9500 version has half as many "pixel pipelines" as the ATI..and maybe other hidden differences?). Haha, but no comment on which is the best card of all.