Sign in to follow this  
Guest decol

PMDG Menu Problem

Guest decol

I check off: Pause at Top of decent, ground power supply, INS to 60 secs and not to clip the display but nothing stays! I will get ground power but if I go back to menu it along with rest goes away. How can I keep the settings in place? (FSX, Queen x, windows 7). Also...Because it might be related: I posted a couple of weeks ago that if I use pull down or right click menus just one to many times (20-30 best guess) I get a "Fatal Error" and down she goes to restart. Per suggestions in reply I down loaded " UIAutomationCore.dll" and placed in FSX folder but the problem is still there. No problem with default aircraft but still with the Queen. Should I put direct into PMDG folder as well or is there another idea that might work better. I have many more bugs to work out but I need to get this resolved first. Thank you.David Collins Tampa

I check off: Pause at Top of decent, ground power supply, INS to 60 secs and not to clip the display but nothing stays! I will get ground power but if I go back to menu it along with rest goes away. How can I keep the settings in place? (FSX, Queen x, windows 7). Also...Because it might be related: I posted a couple of weeks ago that if I use pull down or right click menus just one to many times (20-30 best guess) I get a "Fatal Error" and down she goes to restart. Per suggestions in reply I down loaded " UIAutomationCore.dll" and placed in FSX folder but the problem is still there. No problem with default aircraft but still with the Queen. Should I put direct into PMDG folder as well or is there another idea that might work better. I have many more bugs to work out but I need to get this resolved first. Thank you.David Collins Tampa
This may be helpful:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=280688

I check off: Pause at Top of decent, ground power supply, INS to 60 secs and not to clip the display but nothing stays!
Usually due to nanny-security not allowing a config file to be modified by the pmdg options routine. Update pmdg folder and subfolders properties to apply admin security level. I turned off UAC not long after I had to tell the nanny that yes I really want to do what I just told you to do. Geeze.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest decol
Usually due to nanny-security not allowing a config file to be modified by the pmdg options routine. Update pmdg folder and subfolders properties to apply admin security level. I turned off UAC not long after I had to tell the nanny that yes I really want to do what I just told you to do. Geeze.
Thank you Dan for your responce but I'm a little behind on some computer routines. How do update the pmdg folders, is there a download from PMDG? and UAC? are you talking about my Norton security (pre installed by HP). Should I uninstall Norton and put in McAfee instead? Sorry for my ignorance but I know with help from the forum and PMDG these problems always get solved. Thank you again.David Collins Tampa

These are strictly OS issues (Vista/W7), got nothing to do with pmdg. Right mouse click on folder and select properties. Find what you are looking for under the security tab. UAC on/off instructions are found in your OS help.

Dan Downs KCRP

When u start fsx right click and then click on , run as administrator, any changes or panel states will now be saved.

Right click on the fsx icon at start up and select, run as administrator, any changes or panel states saved will now be retained.