Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Mommy, Look at what I found!- another miracle fix

I saw a closed post today with a comment by David Roche to the effect that there have been enough miracle fixes. Many, if not all, have been through the forums before. None are a miracle fix for the general population. Each user has a different setup in terms of hardware, various programs, anti-viruses, Windows versions, Windows setups and above all FSX. Add to that the wide range of flight characteristics in terms of addons, weather, aircraft, scenery, etc. and any rational person who finds one of these miracles should first do some testing on their machine and at least one other that is different. Change a CFG value, find a 20% boost in FSP and jump for the keyboard is like promising a magic cure to someone with a terrible disease. In this case the disease is a lack of FPA.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest 413X3

Actually the latest finds by ******* have completely fixed the disappearing texture problem for 99% of the users. Please keep your ranting to yourself

Guest rdg

I think that part of the fun with this simulator is trying new stuff (Hope). I certainly dont want to hinder anyone from digging in and trying to solve a problem. And yes, the disapperaing textures from what I have read has been solved. It was solved because someone took the time and was curious enough to dig in and try something. Keep em coming!!!! And although you may find a few negative individuals, dont let it stop you from trying. That is what the forums are for.You can read and try or read and ignore. I choose to at least give it a shot.RegardsBob

Actually the latest finds by ******* have completely fixed the disappearing texture problem for 99% of the users. Please keep your ranting to yourself
Agreed, David.. and the rest of the "finds" here have totally cured stuttering, flashing, missing textures to the degree that my FSX seems as solid as MS Word. I thrashed my machine last night, flight after flight doing non-stop, heavy high-speed ground-level aerobatics, airfield beatups, ten-mile below tree-top height 280 kts interstate 5 strafing runs, tons of bad weather for fifteen - twenty minutes at a time, using a number of different aircraft, frames both locked at 26 and also unlimited. Inside the cockpit and outside as wingman. I was sweating when I stopped. The "old" sim could never, never ever have done this. Autogen is set 100%, road traffic at 30%, GA at 100%, Airline at 30%, ORBX 1024 clouds, two layers Cu + 2 layers of CuNim + precip. She never once did anything bad in any of those flights between Bellingham and Seattle.This one thread that ******* started is the best thread in the annals of flight simulation. To entitle this thread "Mommy look what I found" is pretty insulting to a modest guy that is in the process of helping hundreds of others at his own cost. If you read his posts it becomes very apparent that he spent a year or more flying with BP=0 before "going public" with it, and knows what he is talking about. Thank You *******, and thank you to all the other brains that contributed.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I agree with the previous posters. This is a forum of like-minded flight sim enthusiasts and the sharing of information is the main reason for this forum. I for one truly appreciate all of the "miracle fix" threads because some have actually worked for me and for significant number of others. If it doesn't work for me, I simply move on.

Alexander Alonso

Guest rdg
Agreed, David.. and the rest of the "finds" here have totally cured stuttering, flashing, missing textures to the degree that my FSX seems as solid as MS Word. I thrashed my machine last night, flight after flight doing non-stop, heavy high-speed ground-level aerobatics, airfield beatups, ten-mile below tree-top height 280 kts interstate 5 strafing runs, tons of bad weather for fifteen - twenty minutes at a time, using a number of different aircraft, frames both locked at 26 and also unlimited. Inside the cockpit and outside as wingman. I was sweating when I stopped. The "old" sim could never, never ever have done this. Autogen is set 100%, road traffic at 30%, GA at 100%, Airline at 30%, ORBX 1024 clouds, two layers Cu + 2 layers of CuNim + precip. She never once did anything bad in any of those flights between Bellingham and Seattle.This one thread that ******* started is the best thread in the annals of flight simulation. To entitle this thread "Mommy look what I found" is pretty insulting to a modest guy that is in the process of helping hundreds of others at his own cost. If you read his posts it becomes very apparent that he spent a year or more flying with BP=0 before "going public" with it, and knows what he is talking about. Thank You *******, and thank you to all the other brains that contributed.
Hi Paul,Out of the many posts that ******* has made, what exactly were the entries that you added or changed? RegardsBob

I'm so sorry. However, I stand by my view despite it being so offensive. Too many variables to have widespread application. Claims of 99% success are "interesting". The ones cured are usually the ones who tout success. Others usually just move on.I found the Buffer Pools = 0 seemed to do some good for me. But with a lo-end system desperation can lead to fantasy.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I saw a closed post today with a comment by David Roche to the effect that there have been enough miracle fixes. Many, if not all, have been through the forums before. None are a miracle fix for the general population. Each user has a different setup in terms of hardware, various programs, anti-viruses, Windows versions, Windows setups and above all FSX. Add to that the wide range of flight characteristics in terms of addons, weather, aircraft, scenery, etc. and any rational person who finds one of these miracles should first do some testing on their machine and at least one other that is different. Change a CFG value, find a 20% boost in FSP and jump for the keyboard is like promising a magic cure to someone with a terrible disease. In this case the disease is a lack of FPA.
I think you misunderstood David's post. He didn't say there have been enough miracle fixes, he said 'Enough "miracle" threads!' and with that I think he meant there are enough threads already about the same specific tweaks the OP posted about. And not only was the information provided double and already available on this forum (which is reason enough to lock the topic), it was also a straight copy of someone else's hard work (bojote, who sure did some testing...!!!) without giving credit (which also is reason enough to lock the topic).I do have to say that in general I do agree with what you said but I think you unfortunately chose the wrong (locked) topic to (indirectly) react to and by that you also indirectly reacted to some actually great tweak posts which do work for the general population (although of course not to EVERYONE). A double mistake... :(

I think you misunderstood David's post. He didn't say there have been enough miracle fixes, he said 'Enough "miracle" threads!' and with that I think he meant there are enough threads already about the same specific tweaks the OP posted about. And not only was the information provided double and already available on this forum (which is reason enough to lock the topic), it was also a straight copy of someone else's hard work (bojote, who sure did some testing...!!!) without giving credit (which also is reason enough to lock the topic).I do have to say that in general I do agree with what you said but I think you unfortunately chose the wrong (locked) topic to (indirectly) react to and by that you also indirectly reacted to some actually great tweak posts which do work for the general population (although of course not to EVERYONE). A double mistake... :(
Thanks for making things clear Jeroen.:( (...)I close this useless thread before it goes south.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.