Sign in to follow this  

Traffic 100% COF compared to Fs2002 Traffic 100 % ? and UT wonderings...

Guest jabberthecat

In FS2002 I had no problem setting Traffic to 100% once I had UT. I believe a big part of that was that all those high poly default MS Airliners were replaced with low FPS cost ones.While I wait for UT I am flying COF with traffic 100%. Does anyone know if the COF Traffic GA 100% is double that of the Traffic GA in FS2002 as is the case with many of the sliders? I wonder if UT will reguire a COF Traffic setting of 100% to get all the normal real world flights. If that it the case and the GA traffic has been doubled or increase greatly then I will be picking up alot more GA than when using FS2002. Too bad MS didn't put seperate sliders for GA and Airlines instead of all or nothing check boxes.- Myles

Guest CargoMun

Its safe to say that there is ALOT more GA traffic in ACOF then in old FS2002. At least for tons of smaller airports even untowered ones there are GA traffic. As I recall de-compiled the traffic file is about double the size of the old one so 50% increase is probably right in GA traffic terms.I leave GA checkbox off unless I fly GA myself i.e. Bush flying or anything like that. They are kinda annoying to have around in heavy airline world lol :D

Personally I think it's more realistic to have SOME GA around. After all, I gotta have someone to get upset at when I'm setting up on final in a 767 and there's a Cherokee in front of me just 2 nm out. :)Anyway, until the new Ttools comes out (officially), I've transferred my old FS2002 traffic.bgl over to FS2004. Ain't perfect, but some planed DO actually land, and all the others do take off (eventually). I don't get the same GA traffic, but I plan to go back to the original GA files once the new versions are available.Rob D.