Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianCondor

FsMeteo 6 still down

Guest Binzy

Hi all , just tried it again this morning and it appears to be still down , ie causing an error when you enter the destination airport . I emailed Marc yesterday but i havent heard anything , has anyone else ?Regards Rob

Nope. Problem is still there and I've just emailed Marc again. I have to say this is profundly irritating and clearly something that should have been well sorted before release. I've re-installed 5.2.This is the third time I've had to pay for this add-on..and probably the last. Despite it's poor implementation of winds aloft worldwide, I guess it's ActiveSky from now on.

Guest Claudius

same problem here. I am very disappointed :(I mailed Marc too but no reply yet.Crashes everytime you enter a destination code.Guys how do your clouds look like when using FS Meteo compared to default MS real world weather ???FS Meteo clouds look totally different and they look flat and not real at all :(In the status display it always says "Global timeout" and when sitting at KDEN for example "KDEN timeout"This sucks :(

Stupid question but what do you need destination wx for ?It seems to me that as you approach your destination Fsmeteo would update reporting stations and give you the correct weather.Not that this should not be fixed..Just curious.

Apart for the obvious RW reason - no pilot takes off without a forecast for the destination airfield and alternate, there are MSFS-specific reasons. In MSFS terms, it's very important for some add-ons. In my case I use Radar COntact and this takes the destination info from the flight plan and inserts it into whichever wx application you're using. If I tried to use FSMeteo 6 with RC3.1, as soon as RC had initialised, FS would crash because of this problem.

Guest Binzy

My clouds look ok but i was experiencing flashing textures on the 2d panel when the clouds updated. I unchecked render to texture in display settings and that solved the problem . I just hope Marc get Meteo up and running soon . Having purchased it a couple of days ago i havent been able to use it yet ... very frustrating .Regards Rob

>Stupid question but what do you need destination wx for ?>It seems to me that as you approach your destination Fsmeteo>would update reporting stations and give you the correct>weather.>>Not that this should not be fixed..Just curious.So that when you receive ATIS and the ATC assigns an arrival runway for you, the information is based on the destination wx instead of the local wx of your immediate area.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>My clouds look ok but i was experiencing flashing textures on>the 2d panel when the clouds updated. I unchecked render to>texture in display settings and that solved the problem .Yes, it does help, and now 2D panel doesn't flicker anymore but ther's a major problem: while loading METAR fps repeatedly bounce up/down from 1-2 to 20; after METAR loaded fps becomes stable again until next update. Am the only one?cheers allLuigi ;-)

Guest Binzy

Do you mean with fs live weather or FSMeteo 6 ?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Never used FS weather. I was talking about FSMeteo6, the more complex is METAR, the more FS2004 stutters and stops in the air until METAR processed. Is this your case?Luigi ;-)

Guest Binzy

Hi, to be honest with you since i purchased FSMeteo6 two days ago i havent had it working due to problems at Marc`s end . With FS live weather i found the frame rate dropped a little but not that much , maybe 2 or 3 frames Regards Rob

Guest Binzy

Just to let you all know . I had a email from Marc with a test zip to fix the destination problem . I`ll let you know how it goes . Also Marc said he would be releasing a new version very soon Regards Rob

Guest Edam

Is there any significant difference in using these 3rd party add-ons compared to the FS 2004 weather? Compared to FS 2002, the environment seems much better as it is.

Guest TheSidewinder

Personally, yes, I think buying FS Meteo was worth it. But then, I bought FSUIPC (didn't have to for FS Meteo, it comes with a key) and WideFS as well. LOL!!Im now running the FS Meteo on the laptop and I am boggled at what it's doing to the weather I was seeing the last few days. Much better, IMHO. But others disagree, so .... *shrug*MarkP.S. the servers are working just fine now. They do go offline briefly, for updates I suppose. But they (it?) come back quick.

Yes, same problem with the panel flicker when FS Meteo loads new weather/clouds. I haven't tried the render to texture uncheck fix yet...does this break anything else?Also get the choppy performance during the weather load too. Made Marc aware of it. Understand several people have.Long time and happy FSMeteo user...doesn't take much processing power, I'm sure it will get resolved...it needs to.regards,