Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianCondor

FsMeteo 6 still down

As far as I know, FSMeteo has no clouds of it's own. It 'just' is able to set the weather accurately and since FS2004 it also sets the weather of surrounding near airports. This is great as you actually can have different weather all around you! But unfortunately I also suffer from timeouts setting GLOB and the local airport ICAO. Sometimes it does set the weather OK, but most of the time I get the timeout errors. It looks like something times out during downloading the weather??? Anyway, I hope Marc fixes it soon and thank him for sending the FS2004 version to eligible customers at his own initiative! Great service.I'm also using ActiveSky wxRE 1.9. This works fine with FS2004 but is still missing the capability of setting the weather at surrounding airports. V2.0 will have this, so let's hope it will be available for public beta soon! The features look very promising...

Guest Binzy

Marc emailed me and explained that the time out with glob is normal when fs9 is sat in the task bar ... i also have the fix for the destination error but for some reason i cant attach it to this message so ... if anybody wants it i will happily email to them Regards Rob

Guest SoarPics

I received the 6.01 .exe about an hour ago (thanks Marc), but I'm still having troubles. The METARS load just fine now... no timeouts in 4 attempts, but I'm still getting the black screen when I enter the sim to fly with the weather. I can see the weather load in my paused windowed mode screen, but as soon as I try to go to full screen all I get is a black screen and fading aircraft sound.

Guest jase439

I would be happy if I could just get my copy of FSMeteo 6 at all. I purchased FS Meteo 5.2 last October, but never received the update. I suspected it was because the e-mail address that I used when I purchased the software has since changed. I e-mailed Marc about it - explaining the situation - but he repeatedly ignored me as if I was a common street thug trying to pull a fast one over his eyes. Finally, I offered to send him my simMarket invoice, to which he did reply with a very terse "yes". So I went about doing that - still no reply, despite two follow up e-mails.I've never had this problem with Marc in the past, so I don't really know what to think. I'll probably wait it out a couple more days, but don't really know where else to go from here? I suppose I could bark up simMarket's tree and see if they can put some pressure on him, or maybe I should go straight to the credit card company - would hate to take it that far.An unusual disappointment in customer service to say the least. Maybe ActiveSky is in my future.J

I was having a very similar problem, and I discovered that in my case, it was tied into the nVidia drivers I was using (43.51). I reverted back to the old trusty 29.42s and everthing is fine again.Anyone else had this problem and can confirm switching drivers (possibly the new 45.XX release on guru3d.com or the like) fixes it?