Sign in to follow this  

My Traffic vs Ultimate Traffic

MorningI've been flirting with Project AI but I've decided, for the sake of simplicity, to switch to My Traffic or Ultimate Traffic. I've researched both but I think it will come down to what you folks prefer and why. I'm using FS2004 - My Traffic is already updated to work effectively whereas the update to Ultimate Traffic is apparently imminent. I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks.Thank you in advance for your opinions!

I have UT installed in FS2002 but the update for FS2004 isn't ready yet. UT really cuts framerates at larger airports so I too would like to hear some responses about My Traffic. I really like UT except for the framerate problem. Also lacking are really CLEAR help files and explanations about which files to install on updates.

Take this as a for-what-it-may-be-worth analysis. I've tried both the FS9 version of My Traffic and Ultimate Traffic in FS9. (The UT version is the one from FS2002, not the final patched version.) The framerates at busy airports with My Traffic was very low compared to UT. At KORD, for example, the framerate with My Traffic was only half what I was getting with UT - both on approach and on the ground. What does that mean? Probably nothing yet. We need to see the final version of UT for FS9. But, I really doubt that the UT framerates are going to be much different between FS2002 and FS9. My Traffic looks, to me, to be a real framerate killer. Enough so that I've scrapped it completely. Besides, the extras you get with UT are worth as much as the traffic generator itself. I think you'd be doing yourself a big favor by going with Ultimate Traffic. And, hopefully, we won't have to wait two weeks for the patch :-) .DougNorthwood 2.2a at 2.508Ghz (Intel HSF)Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800ATI 9800 Pro (128MB)Cat. 3,6's DX9a WinXP ProWD's 20GB, 20GB, 60GB, 120GB, 120GBInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I'm going to wait and do traffic manually. That way I can use Aardvark and FSPainter planes as they look a lot better than MT and UT planes.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest WF443

Or you could use FSPainter and AIA planes with UT. That way you get all the flightplans, plus it`s a lot easyer than adding all planes manually.RegardsBj

That's a good tip. So you can replace the MT or UT planes with Aardvark and FSPainter? That's great because they look the best and are very frame rate friendly. That would be the best of both worlds.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest WF443

I don`t know about MT, but UT makes it easy to assign other planes to the flightplans. It`s the beuty of the program.regardsBj

I.m very unhappy with UT Traffic. (In fact I have uninstalled it and will no longer us it) My big problem was that at EVERY airport I used the parking situation was to say the least poor. Aircraft parked in the buildings, in and on other aircraft. For a pay product I found it to be done badly, the quality of the aircraft was poor etc. Like Lee I too will wait for TTools and AFCAD for 2004 and do it myself. It's alot of work but great satisfaction. Richard

Paul,You might take a gander at Andrew Herd's review of the two programs (with respect to FS2002) over at the "other" site.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1