Sign in to follow this  
Guest captainhillary

Help with fspanel studio and level-d

Guest captainhillary

Hello, I've been a flight simmer for a few years now and the only major addon I own is the level-d 767. Like most, I have really enjoyed it. I picked up a copy of fs panel studio a while back for another project, and recently decided for fun to give my level-d a panel conversion (easier said then done). I'm not much of a vc flyer and was getting a little bored with the original panel, so I found a bitmap photoreal 767 panel and got started. I like how easy it is to just drop gauges and move them into place and to keep track of things. But heres my problem... when I added the eadi, ehsi, and eicas and tried to load the plane in fs2004, it crashed to desktop. Any thoughts on what I need to do? I've been on the flight1 forums but couldn't get any help yet. I'm not sure if there is any copyright issues. This is just for my personal use and do not intend to redistribute. Thanks for you time.

I don't own the product, but I suspect that there are likely some "invisible gauge(s)" that're in the original configuration that must be present in your "new panel." Quite often these are "logic" type gauges that serve to initialize and update global variables for the rest of the panel.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest captainhillary

That is something I thought about...do you suspect the "hidden gauges" are visible in the original panel config? How would one find them?

Try to ensure the physical sequence of gauge entries matches what was in the original panel.cfg. See if that helps.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That is something I thought about...do you suspect the "hidden gauges" are visible in the original panel config? How would one find them?
The gauges required may not even be hidden - try loading all the gauges from the existing panel.cfg onto your new panel. You can then start deleting the ones you don't want until you get a crash. You may be in for a considerable amount of detective work here.Doug

Look for any gauge entries with odd looking coordinates, such as 0,0,1,1...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest captainhillary
The gauges required may not even be hidden - try loading all the gauges from the existing panel.cfg onto your new panel. You can then start deleting the ones you don't want until you get a crash. You may be in for a considerable amount of detective work here.Doug[/quoHey thanks doug. I started agian and just traded the original panel for my new one and made sure all gauges and other windows were there, and it worked. From there I just moved all the gauges in place via fspanel studio. Its starting to look really cool...wish I'd thought of this a while ago. Just need to figure out how to keep the toggle gauges without the actual gauge being there because theres no room on the new panel. Also the gauges dont really match with the new panel...might need a paint program.