Sign in to follow this  
otterspotter

Antonov AN-26!!!!!!!!!

Guest Mirage

I would like to say some things about the AN-26 by Dimitri Samborski.A big BRAVO to the guys that made this aircraft add on! It really deserved to be payware :-) I know many payware aircraft add ons with less than half the quality! If only we had an english manual of its systems.... :-) I know, for example, that the rear cargo door slides underneath the aircraft but havn't found a way to do it... :-( Guys, go ahead and download this plane. A true quality add on. And a freeware one...Andyhttp://www.x-plane.org/users/mirage/signature2.jpg

Guest danowat

Hi,Yes you are correct, it is a great plane, it seems to work fine in FS2004.I have noticed that I dont get a VC, although the panel.cfg mentions one?.Dan

His aircraft are always top shelf. I really enjoy his downloads. I haven't gotten to try this one yet, but you know it'll be great. Keep up the good work Dimitri.

Guest CargoMun

A great plane endeed :)Careful with that "it should be payware" comment - might give people ideas in this day and age lol :D

Agreed. A lovely aircraft, it seems to be a bit too powerful in my opinion. I don't know, I'm no expert and, of course, have never flow a real AN-26, but find it hard to belive it can perform like the model on my computer seems to do.A great looking aircraft though!Thanks Dmitry!!!!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Paragon

I really like this plane, but man it's hard with those russian gauge names. I printed the manual, but I was wondering if there are any more information about this plane, like how to use the NAS-1 and such? Is it possible to make it fly a VOR-to-VOR flight plan made from the flight-planner in FS2004. Also why does the altimeter not show the same altitude as the one found in the map? I have a ton of other questions, but maybe some could be answered by reading a bit more in a manual. :)

ParagonThe altimeter is metric and shows the altitude in meters, not feet. Same with the airspeed indicator.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Guest Paragon

You know I just found this out 10 min. ago...hehe. Do you know where I can get some more info on how the panels work?

Guest Paragon

Now I know how to tune the radio and all that, but I have a couple of questions. How do I make the autopilot turn and head on a set course and where do I set this course? In the manual it says to choose the cap using the cap setting gauge...where is this? Another questions - Do I have to set the Hydrocompass before take-off to something, as I plan on using that with the autopilot? I can't seem to figure out how to use this gauge correctly.I really love this plan and would like to know how to, so any info would be helpfull.ThanksParagon

ParagonSorry mate can't help. It's hot and sunny here in Warszawa so I'm spending most of my free time outside. Haven't had a chance to read the English instructions yet. Looks a bit tricky though. Once the weather breaks I'll be back on the computer.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Guest Paragon

Thanks, any help would be appreciated, that russian is killing me. :)Btw, I just flew it up north, and I saw Aurora Borealis! This was the most exciting view I've ever seen in fs9 so far...it was so beautiful. Is this a new thing in fs9?

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

I shut down the power on approach and the thing just keeps going, would anybody know how to correct this slight anomilie ? Aprt from that, it's a great looking aircraft, well done Dimitry.Ash

Guest Paragon

So Gavin, had a chance to look at the manual yet?Maybe someone else could fill in the blanks?