I have been concerned about heat affecting performance and components, until recently all I had for cooling was the Cooler Master Hyper 212 for my CPU which has a 4 3/4" (120mm) fan. Today I installed 2 x 3 1/4" (80mm) fans; 1 in the lower front of the case and 1 at the upper rear of the case just under the PSU, and there seems to be good airflow. I taped over 2 inlet holes, approx 2" on the side of the case and the perforated aluminum shroud in the rear 1"x3" in hopes of creating a path and forcing the air out the rear. There seems to be a draw of air through the PC but I wonder if it is enough. I have been toying with the idea of adding another intake fan on the side of the case as it would create positive pressure within the case which should force the air out of the back.So my questions are:1 - Temps while FSX in use; CPU - 144

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest michapma

ppgstf, I think it's a harmless play on the degree symbol.maxam66, your CPU temp is fine, but you are deep-frying your GPU. I'm not experienced, but a basic guideline is to not exceed 80

Robert are you using the EVGA Precision Utility? If not get it and you can turn your GPU fan speed up to 100% to bring down those temps, that what I do. When running fsx I turn the speed to 100% and when m finished I turn it back down to 40% which is the default. It should not be getting that hot. I have a gtx 260 and have never seen mine go over 55 c

Guest UlfB
ppgstf, I think it's a harmless play on the degree symbol.maxam66, your CPU temp is fine, but you are deep-frying your GPU. I'm not experienced, but a basic guideline is to not exceed 80

Thanks guy's will have a look at one of the utilities and to ppgstf: it was a play on words, didn't mean to offend you. :(Have a great day everyone and thanks for the replies. Best,

\Robert Hamlich/

Cards based on the GT200b GPU (GTX 260 Core 216 models, GTX 275, GTX 285, and GTX 295) have a target load GPU temperature of 85 degrees C. Your graphics card is operating normally.

Cards based on the GT200b GPU (GTX 260 Core 216 models, GTX 275, GTX 285, and GTX 295) have a target load GPU temperature of 85 degrees C. Your graphics card is operating normally.
Thanks, glad to hear that it was within normal operating temps. I installed the EVGA utility and set my fans to 100% and temps have been reduced to a chilling 120

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest michapma

Glad I chimed in, it made me learn something. I remain skeptical of a rule of thumb that GPUs can run up to 105

Guest UlfB
Glad I chimed in, it made me learn something. I remain skeptical of a rule of thumb that GPUs can run up to 105

michapma:Even CPUs can run up to 100 degrees C, the problem isn't so much the temperature of the chip itself but the temperature of the components in the supporting infrastructure, i.e. the VRMs and the CPU socket itself. Modern i7 chips and their platforms are built to withstand temperatures up to 100 degrees C, whereas competing and previous platforms can only withstand temperatures in the 70's.