Sign in to follow this  
BAW277

Installing a second time on same machine

Dear Team,after hesitating for a long time i bite it and installed Win 7 64bit Ultimate on a second HD. I also of course installed the JS41 and it does not let me activate the aircraft, telling me that the number of max activations were exceeded.This might be technically the truth but i am using the same machine, only another OS and HD. How do i proceed from here?Thanks for any hints in advance!Holger Dallmeyer

Hi Holger, Just create a support ticket at the PMDG website and they'll square you away.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thank you Dan, did so, now hoping for some ideas / advices.CheersHolger

They will reset the counter for you once you ask via trouble ticket. Very straight forward.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi all,after submitting a ticket for my problem i have heard nothing, received no e-mail and my ticket appears as "open" in the ticket-system. Could one please help me out here?Thank in advanceHolger Dallmeyer

I think I misread your original post, without checking the EULA I assume you are only allowed once instance installed. Two instances on the same machine does not work apparently. Out of curiosity, what do you gain with this type of installation?

Dan Downs KCRP

I think I misread your original post, without checking the EULA I assume you are only allowed once instance installed. Two instances on the same machine does not work apparently. Out of curiosity, what do you gain with this type of installation?
Hi Dan,thanks for answering. I want to migrate the whole system from Win XP to Win 7, so basically i tried a complete reinstall of everything in this new Harddisk WITHOUT deleting the installation in the old Harddisk, just in case something goes horribly wrong i am still able to fly under Win XP.WOuld you recommend uninstalling the JS41 and then try again to reinstall in the new OS?BestHolger

That makes sense, the migration path between these two OS's can be problematic.Yeah, simple solution. Uninstall the JS41 in XP, reinstall in W7.

Dan Downs KCRP

WOuld you recommend uninstalling the JS41 and then try again to reinstall in the new OS?Holger
Holger, I did the clean install migration from Vista HP to Win 7 Pro. I tried to "fake it" by moving stuff to a different drive and then recreating the paths, but it didn't work. (I didn't think it would, but the prospect of re-installing all my programs was enough to make we want to try it.) So, in the end, I reinstalled everything and it took awhile but worked fine. My advice is to uninstall first, it will make it easier. Because I didn't, I had some problems uninstalling (had to do it manually, which took awhile). In the end, everything was fine, except that I didn't uninstall FSX before I reinstalled, so I had to do the delete the FSX.cfg thing (check the archives for info), and then have it re-create. A clean install of W7 is a royal PITA. Plan on it taking the better part of a day with all the programs (of course, you can do other stuff between shuffling discs). Expect a few weird problems but most of what you encounter will probably have been dealt with before on the forums. (I had some goofy C++ problem that required some troubleshooting, but was reasonably easy to fix.), But, in the end all my PMDG and FSX stuff worked fine.

Dear all,first, thanks a lot for your input. I did an uninstall from the Win XP Disk and thereafter activated the JS41 on the Win 7 Disk which went flawless. Happy to see that it works and will close my ticket.Thanks again!Holger