Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Has anyone actually seen powerlines in COF?

I see poles with what appear to be lines that run from the top of the pole down to the ground at maybe a 60 degree angle. I was wondering if anyone has seen these lines actually connect the poles. Just wondering if I have a bug or not.Overall I am utterly amazed at the new sim(except for the water), and have to use all of my will power to not run out a plunk down $1800 on a new computer to get the FPS I crave.I saw a Ford tri-motor parked at KGCN near the Grand Canyon, but I didn't have the patience to hang out and watch it fly. I also get a kick out of the tour boat cruising around at Niagara Falls. My favorite to fly so far is the DC-3.I am also curious to find a way to remove taxiway signs from airports with grass strips that I know don't actually have taxiway signs.Happy Flying,Shawn

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

There is a string of 220 KV ~125 ft. three phase towers (probably Bonneville Power Administration) that run at right angles to the ILS approach to Rwy 21R at KPSC (Pasco/Tri-cities Washington) . Even with all the scenery sliders way up, I don't see any wires running to the ground or from tower to tower. A minor omission, IMHO. FS2004 is GREAT! Bill Gates, I'm on the verge of taking back every nasty thing I ever said about you! ;-)Larry JonesFlorence, MT

I guess the lines that I saw running to the ground were not at the large towers, but rather at smaller telphone polls. I will post specific locations after I get home in a few hours and am able to fire up the sim. I know I've seen them in Phoenix, Appleton, WI, and I believe North of Sedona, AZ. If I can figure out how to do a screen shot, I'll post that.Regards,Shawn

Guest jase439

The power lines (well the poles at least), I think, were added for VFR navigation - not as a collision hazard. Pick up any VFR sectional and you'll see major power lines on the map.J