Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747-fan

VRS superbug released, but their support forum is off limits to non-customers?!?

Guest 747-fan

How the heck is this a good business idea? Making the their support forums closed to public and only allowing access from registered buyers? Do guys like me (who are interested but want to know what owners of it think of it) have to assume that it eats FPS, is full of system bugs and looks like a paper plane? I guess so since they're so afraid of what we might see. :( Rant off. Anybody gotten it yet and wish to share their thoughts here?

How the heck is this a good business idea? Making the their support forums closed to public and only allowing access from registered buyers?
Well, it's one way of making sure only legitimate customers get support. One of many ways that piracy makes it harder on the rest of us ...

All I can say is these guys have created a masterpiece. Ive been flying the Bug for FSX since it came out this morning and cant get over it. I also have the Fs9 version and thats been flying on an off for some time now but now im staying with FSX. As for frame rates I can run it quite smooth at a minimum of 20fps (for my poor old PC thats very good) With UT2 traffic on high settings. To give you an idea I also fly the J41 and get about the same performace. So if you can fly the J41 or similar civilian aircraft from the big boys (PMDG/Leonardo/Level D) then you will be able to run this.I should point out its a very complex addon and im still learning about it even now.VRS really are good at what they do Giving simmers a proper fly by wire fighter within FS9/FSX.And no im not on thier payroll so I can be unbiased about it. :( :( :( B) Only thing im not sure I like is there is not much documentation for setting up carriers and AI tankers for refueling but some digging on the forum will help although I fly mostly from airfields and not needed to refuel yet hehe.Anyway thats my 2 cents.

Only thing im not sure I like is there is not much documentation for setting up carriers and AI tankers for refueling but some digging on the forum will help although I fly mostly from airfields and not needed to refuel yet hehe.
How is the documentation otherwise? Is there a good tutorial?

Yes the tutorial is very good and its 90 odd pages will take you though first flight you will use AA/AG navigation and setting up targets while in the air. It will show you how to set up SAM/AAA site and it will fire at you (if you set it up as hostile) so you can practice defensive flying. You can take out those SAM sites also.You can set it up so that when you get hit by a missile you will lose systems and you can change the amount of damage you take 1 to 10 (10 being very bad for you)and systems will shutdown on you on impact. Although you cant be shot by AI traffic (yet) you can still lock them up and shoot them. If you hit them they will drop off radar but will still exist in the FS world but you will know if you got it. Have not done much bombing but there are multiple CCIP drop modes and laser guidence lots of diffrent missiles. The only thing missing I think is the IR imaging that you would use for Mavricks and such but I think its a limitation with FS9/FSX and not the Bug.The whole manual is 350+ pages. There is also a Night Vision setting on the HUD so you can fly in the dark and still see the terrain infront of you. Here is a Demo Vid.

Thanks - very tempting!
Hm. Bought it, but activation is failing with an error "5008", and I can't get on the support forum.Oh well, that's what you get for being on the bleeding edge - wonder if I'll ever learn :(

Thats odd thier website is down lol. That maybe something to do with it but im not sure.Hang tight and hopefully they will be back up.I had no problems activating this morning (12 or so hours ago lol) Good luck anyway.

It's an incredible add-on. It's a very deep study sim while still giving you plenty of thrills. Highly recommended.

How the heck is this a good business idea? Making the their support forums closed to public and only allowing access from registered buyers? Do guys like me (who are interested but want to know what owners of it think of it) have to assume that it eats FPS, is full of system bugs and looks like a paper plane? I guess so since they're so afraid of what we might see. mad.gif
Isn't the Lotus L-39 forum off limits to those that have not purchased it as well ?? Stops people with pirate copies getting support, I am sure that anyone that wants to discuss how good or bad it is can do so here.. .. ..G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Flight1 does that for some products as well.As for VRS, anyone get the FSX paint kit from the forum before it went down? For some reason I thought they were going to include a (non-prototypical) Canadian livery, but it isn't there.

Guest conork

hi ,i bought it and hav been flying it all day,i really really love this plane ,there support form seems do be down though :(

Fantastic airplane this Superbug!Does anyone has problem with the camera views? Cannot get them working...Just the VC (a masterpiece!) and exterior views but none of the camera views. And they are at the aircraft.cfg.Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest 747-fan

Has anyone got a reference point to compare FPS with? How does it compare to say the Lotus L39, PMDG 747 or any other advanced addon? That's my only concern. I bought the Flight1 Mustang, which also has a closed forum, and I get CTDs and OOM messages all the time with that plane. Once burnt...