Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

Cost index help

hi. my KLM 747 is currently loaded and is ready for taxi to the active runway at OMDB. I am flying OMDB-YSSY. I am having trouble with the cost index for this route. My ZFW is 526.7 GW around 855 and Fuel is 94%. I have no idea what cost index to put into the FMC for this route. i oringally tyed in 150 but i got a insufficient fuel warning and a cruise altitude of FL337, as oposed to my planned FL360. Can some one help me on this.CheersDylan Leonard

hi. my KLM 747 is currently loaded and is ready for taxi to the active runway at OMDB. I am flying OMDB-YSSY. I am having trouble with the cost index for this route. My ZFW is 526.7 GW around 855 and Fuel is 94%. I have no idea what cost index to put into the FMC for this route. i oringally tyed in 150 but i got a insufficient fuel warning and a cruise altitude of FL337, as oposed to my planned FL360. Can some one help me on this.CheersDylan Leonard
Without going into much detail, I can assure you with that load and route, you can

hi what is the distance to yssy from there? and what is your zfw in kg? 150 is what klm normally uses

hi what is the distance to yssy from there? and what is your zfw in kg? 150 is what klm normally uses
the distance in 6501.6nm. My ZFW is 238.936kg

150 is what klm normally uses
150?where do you get this numbers from?150 means, that KLM get money for every liter wasted fuel....from Wikipedia: * Air Berlin 30 * Tuifly 30 * British Midland 40 * South African 50 * Fly Niki 35 * KLM 30 * China Airlines 85 (only B747) * Luxair 50 * Hamburg International: o Airbus A319 40 o Boeing 737-700 30 * Lufthansa o Airbusse: 30 o Boeing 747-400 70 o Airbus A300-600 35 o Boeing 737-300 25 * Ryanair o Boeing 737-800 30

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

150?where do you get this numbers from?150 means, that KLM get money for every liter wasted fuel....from Wikipedia:* Air Berlin 30* Tuifly 30* British Midland 40* South African 50* Fly Niki 35* KLM 30* China Airlines 85 (only B747)* Luxair 50* Hamburg International:o Airbus A319 40o Boeing 737-700 30* Lufthansao Airbusse: 30o Boeing 747-400 70o Airbus A300-600 35o Boeing 737-300 25* Ryanairo Boeing 737-800 30
no offence or anything but wikipedia could and most probably will be wrong

Agreed, this post is getting silly, quoting wiki for company cost index's is not going to be accurate.Dylan, cost index can change on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, some sops want CI changed at various phases of flight. It's type specific and a huge amount of factors can go into what little number is punched into the FMC. Best not to worry about it too much and stick to the basics, higher the number the faster and less economical you will fly.

Rob Prest

of course,I just want to show you that a cost index isn't above 100.And in this times of high cost gasoline seldom above 50 (except china :( )Next week, you have other numbers here.It was a great pleasure for me to help you... :(

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

of course,I just want to show you that a cost index isn't above 100.And in this times of high cost gasoline seldom above 50 (except china :( )Next week, you have other numbers here.It was a great pleasure for me to help you... :(
Trust me I know quite a few airlines that use a cost Index above 100, I also have a 777 Captain sitting across the living room from me, his airline is currently using 180 on the 777

Rob Prest

cheers

150?where do you get this numbers from?150 means, that KLM get money for every liter wasted fuel....from Wikipedia: * Air Berlin 30 * Tuifly 30 * British Midland 40 * South African 50 * Fly Niki 35 * KLM 30 * China Airlines 85 (only B747) * Luxair 50 * Hamburg International: o Airbus A319 40 o Boeing 737-700 30 * Lufthansa o Airbusse: 30 o Boeing 747-400 70 o Airbus A300-600 35 o Boeing 737-300 25 * Ryanair o Boeing 737-800 30
the numbers are from a real life pilot who has flown on the 744 for klm 150 is normal when they are delayed or need to be there faster they use 400 for CIit seems that your ZFW is shown as fully loaded neverless the 744 shouldt be able to fly that distance check your progress page what distance is showing there? if it is higher then the one you calculated then you have to check the legs of your route and see if there is a waypoint that shouldn't be there

the numbers are from a real life pilot who has flown on the 744 for klm 150 is normal when they are delayed or need to be there faster they use 400 for CIit seems that your ZFW is shown as fully loaded neverless the 744 shouldt be able to fly that distance check your progress page what distance is showing there? if it is higher then the one you calculated then you have to check the legs of your route and see if there is a waypoint that shouldn't be there
think by memory u can only put cost index between 1 to 100 think it onl simulates these figures not sure though

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You are going to start stretching a 747-400 at 6,500nm and nearly 240,000kg ZFW unless you have a good tailwind.You may need to lighten up a bit, offload some cargo, and get acquainted with step-climbing.I'd do these tutorials if I were you to get the hang of the basic stuff. I think the second one I linked is a bit more advanced. Both are very well written by Craig Read and Holger Seilz respectively.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=98097http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=101674Cheers,RudyPS from a couple of plans I have seen, Qantas use a cost index of 50 most of the time (I think not too long ago 100 used to the "standard"). I'm pretty sure British Airways use 90 as standard. The most fuel-efficient cruise regime should be by pressing Long Range Cruise and executing it on the VNAV CRZ page - it's pretty slow though!

I usually use 80 to 100 I heard the Cost index is like from 1 to 500 but I am not sure if the 500 is correct but I know you can go over 100

Guest bratonabike

all i do is put in 100 and it works for every flight regardless of airlines