Sign in to follow this  

Image display problems

This may not be the place to put my problem but www.xpert.com say it is outside their expertise so I hope someone here has some idea how to solve my little mystery!I have Internet Explorer v6 (inc. recent security update) installed in W98se/AMD800/512Mb RAM/Voodoo 4.Suddenly I am unable to see JPG images when I load an HTML page LOCALLY (via the net all is well!)? GIF images are fine.I usually have all my images associated with PaintShopPro but have tried JPGs via Iexplore.exe without any change. I have uninstalled IE6 but have the same display problem with IE5.5! Even done a repair on W98se without any change.The last piece of software that I installed was a Codec for Windows Media Player which, at first impressions, only effects movies and sound files?All very strange so any ideas would be greatfully received!Peter Leadbeater,Warrington, UK.Email: Peter@air-pierre.fsnet.co.uk

Open Windows Explorer, Click on either View or Tools, select Folder Options, select File Types tab, press "J" key or arrow down to "J" area.On my Win98SE, I have two JPEG Image entries, one that has JPEG, JPG, JPE extension uses PHOTOED to open the files. The other that has JFIF extension uses IEXPLORE to open the files.You can try changing the uses by editing, or you could try deleting them and the next time you try to open that extension, it will ask you what program you want to use and if you always want to use that program.

Thanks very much for this possible solution - been there, done that, no change!Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.