Sign in to follow this  
chabwino

core i5 or i7

hello everybodyi'm a hardcore flight-simmer since fs2 and i want to move to fsx now. therefore i'm planning to buy a new notebook very soon. why a notebook for a hardcore simmer you may ask. the reason is that i live in a small country in africa since two years. i'm planning a trip to my homecountry (switzerland) in may where i can buy computers for about half the price as here in africa. i can't take a full size desktop computer with me to my african country without paying 100% duty for it at the airport. therefore it's a notebook.my questions are concerning the hardware, more specifically the processor. as you can imagine i have a lot of add-ons that i use. my favourite planes are the maddog and level-d. the maddog wants 2Ghz pentium 4. A lot of my add-on airports want just as much or more and i know that fsx is also resource hungry.the options for a good new notebook is one with a core i5-520M (a dual core 2.4-2.93 GHz) or one with a core i7-720QM (quad core 1.6-2.8GHz).

I would get the fastest dual-core CPU (quad is optional) (you will need GHZ), with at least 4GB of fast system memory and the fastest hard drives (two), and an nVidia single GPU video card. Also you will need some external way to help keep the unit cool. If you go with W7 x64 you can also use the ******* tweaks which seem to be very very useful for just about everybody. What laptop manufacturers are available in your home country?

so you say the i5 with more GHz is better for me than the i7?why do i need two harddrives?when i'm back in switzerland i can get computers from all the mayor manufacturers. but it is a bit difficult to find out what exact models i can get while being here in africa. so i've just checked the swiss dell page to get an idea of todays hardware possibilities.

so you say the i5 with more GHz is better for me than the i7?why do i need two harddrives?when i'm back in switzerland i can get computers from all the mayor manufacturers. but it is a bit difficult to find out what exact models i can get while being here in africa. so i've just checked the swiss dell page to get an idea of todays hardware possibilities.
so you say the i5 with more GHz is better for me than the i7? NO, remember these CPUs are Mobile type CPUs and you should search for laptop reviews.two drives, one for O/S and one for FSX and Games. FSX is a real computer killer, so you might have to go with FS9 if FSX doesn't run well.I don't know that much about laptops so if I where you I would join some laptop forums. http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49 is a great place for research.