Sign in to follow this  
Guest yienmaster

SceneryTech Question

Guest yienmaster

I am currently using GEX and UTX as my only add-on scenery enhancements, but I have heard about SceneryTech lately, and checked out their site. They seem to really get rid of that "barren" feeling you get in a lot of places, or that "there should be a town here" syndrome.It seems like UTX and SceneryTech would clash, but I'm not exactly sure, and I seem to remember hearing people claim they worked together.Can anyone help me decide if SceneryTech would work well with my current GEX, UTX combo, or give me their opinions on SceneryTech?Thanks a lot. Their before and after pictures look really great, but I know that the before shots are vanilla, so I'm not sure how much difference there would be with UTX and GEX already enhancing the scenery.

I tried Scenery Tech and Cloud 9's X-Class. In the areas I am familiar with the X-class from Cloud 9 was much more accurate that Scenery Tech. Having said that I know Scenery Tech has had some updates since I tried it, but I can't compare them anymore as I just have X-class World on my disk now. In areas around where I live Scenery Tech wasn't even close to fixing the default land class and in some cases actually made things worse. X-class was far from perfect, but was a significant improvement over the default. OBRX PNW now covers where I live and nothing can compare to that for accuracy and textures!RegardsMartin

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I'm running UTX and SceneryTech together with no problems. Just make sure you layer them correctly in the scenery library.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Ditto what Daveo said. There is a specific sequence to use in the add on scenery folder to make things play happily together. I have GEX & UTX both installed as well as S-tech and all runs well, and yes, S-tech makes things look even better than just the other two.I used to use Cloud Nine X-Class and found it even better than S-tech. However, I thought it was not compatible with Vista 64. Have they updated their programming?

UTX, GEX, FEX, and whatever other X's you want to though in with Scenery Tech and no problems. Make sure you layer it in your scenery like so:UT LANDCLASS - UrbanLANDCLASS X <-------------- Place all landclass products between the UTX Urban and Vegetation layers and enable as needed (only ONE)LANDCLASS Y <------------------|LANDCLASS Z <------------------|UT LANDCLASS - VegetationRead this, it will explain it all. http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24965If you name a location you want to see with and without I will do a screen shot for you.

Jim Wenham

Cloud 9 X-Class worked just fine for me under Vista X64.
Interesting, thanks :(

I really like Scenery Tech. I have it for North America, Africa, and Asia. I use it with UTX Alaska and the two work perfectly together. As other posters have said, the order in the scenery library is very important.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.