Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

FS 2004 + nVidia 30.82 on Ti4600 = Phew and Hooray !

Wow, I am so relieved, am I ever, man....!The newer nVidia drivers I'd been using were useless for FS2004. I installed DirectX 9.0 from the 4 CD-ROMs and things were shaky and crashing. Thank heavens for the older 30.82 drivers. I am saved, yes !Not yet perfect but miles better than the 41.07 drivers I'd been using in FS2002. Now got back stable scenery, stable Windows XP, stable sim, accessible dropdown menus, very good colors and textures with sliders set mostly to the right. So far, so good.Very slightly blocky runway textures in foreground but better than not being able to use the sim without major crashes and serious system warnings from Windows XP as happened before after installing FS2004. That was scary !It's funny but I'd used nVidia 30.82s for quite some time before flipping to 41.07 and I was never sure that the 41.07 were better--in fact, I thought they were slightly slower than the 30.82 drivers. Well, we live and learn and once again, proof positive that everybody's PC set up is a bit different and almost nothing works the same for us all.Any posts welcome!Hooray!...and Phew!JSDELL P4 2.53 Ghz1024 RDRAMTi 4600Trinitron 21"DELL LCD 19"1280x1024x32 on both

Guest JonP01

What happens in FS2004 to the ATC and red overlay text if you use the 30.82 drivers together with 2 x or 4 x anisotropic filtering? In FS2002 this caused the text to blur and have a "shadow" effect. The only fix was to use 42 series drivers or higher. That is the the only reason I ever upgraded from the 30.82 drivers in the first place - because of text blurring problems when AF was enabled in FS2002. Has this problem been fixed for FS2004?

I cannot answer that because I have not reached that point.Sorry I cannot assist on this right now.JS