Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 cannot locate CD4...

Where does this stuff come from? Is the moon full? There isn't any blacklist. Having installed any of the programs you have listed has nothing to do with the problem. It's a hardware issue. Or, rather, an issue of certain hardware not being able to cope with CD#4.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Unfortunately this article is a catch-all fudge. I have this problem installing FS2004 AND UK VFR Scenry on a system that is unchanged and has been for at least six months.Not impressed.

Guest _patrol_

I can't understand why MS uses this assinine form of copy protection. It just creates problems for their customers, and it's never long before a NO CD crack shows up and nullifies the copy protection anyway.David

Isn't it obvious. MS doesn't write software when it can steal it from someone else and tie up years in the courts, bleeding their competitors white in the meantime. And with that level of market share who gives a flying-whatsit about Customer Service!It's a great shame that justflight appears to have adopted the same wholly unsatisfactory method of copy-protecting their software.I have asked them the question and await a response.

Guest _patrol_

Just do a Google search for Flight Simulator 2004 No CD Patch. It's just a replacement for FS9.exe (backup this file first) and should fix all your problems. And please don't accuse me of advocating Warez stuff, as this is on many reputable flightsim sites. Thanks.David

Cheers Dave,Chris.(If the Safedisc system worked as it is supposed to, we wouldn't have to consider taking such steps).