Sign in to follow this  
E

Add on blues

Well, I'm really enjoying the ex-qwizzit detail in FS9 or 2004 or whatever MS seems to want to call it, but I see the dark clouds on the horizon...no , not the great ones in the sim.The gloomy ones of opportunist, previously-free, third party add on providers who now are waving the "money talks" banner. First FSUIPC goes shareware, now ACTIVE CAMERA, and more to follow I fear. So, to avoid obfuscating the current wave of joy overcoming flight simmers with the new version, here's my take on all this:1. Effort does deserve reward, so I understand wanting to be paid. I'm in business. I say this first to avoid a flame war and 4900 posts defending the capitalists on the list. 2. Most of us had to shell out some cheese alredy to make our systems viable to run this baby. Please consider that.3. Mr. A, consider a discussion where your popular add on folks might bundle some of this useful stuff together in a "one price gets all" package so some of our sim friends don't feel so pinched, nickel-dimed, and constantly having to whip out the old plastic to enjoy it time after time.4. 3rd party vendors...think before you charge. Is it THAT necessary to charge $20 (the seemingly default shareware fee), or is this some hold over from cable tv where EVERYTHING is $19.95 - regardless?I hope this comes up at the convention, because, if it goes on unchecked and uncompromised, it's going to really squeeze out a lot of deserving simmers and make the rest of us take up golf.Now, bring on the comments

Guest guyjr

>4. 3rd party vendors...think before you charge. Is it THAT>necessary to charge $20 (the seemingly default shareware fee),>or is this some hold over from cable tv where EVERYTHING is>$19.95 - regardless?>>I hope this comes up at the convention, because, if it goes on>unchecked and uncompromised, it's going to really squeeze out>a lot of deserving simmers and make the rest of us take up>golf.Hahahahahaha.... A complaint about paying $19.95 for an add-on, and then a proposal to ditch this hobby for _golf_??? As if you could even dream of playing a round for that much! Maybe mini-golf... Hehehehe... Just had to laugh. :)

No kidding!!! I shot a round the other day, the round $45, cart $15, new balls $20, the brew $30. Shot an 81, got sunburned!Came home, loaded up FS9 $50, loaded up the Chyenne $20+, perfect landing at TNCM with real weather and 19 FPS - PRICELESS!C,mon, can we all get over the payware thing? You can enjoy the sim without buying any addons, plain and simple. Surveys prove we are a minirity for FS users, so what is the big deal. Let those that want to pay $50 for a semi realistic virtual version of an actual aircraft to do so, the others, stick with freeware which there is plenty of!PS anyone got the link for Active camnera, I NEED to get a copy!!! Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Trust me on this...if you're going to choke on $20 for an add-on you DO NOT want to take up golf :-) .

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I had to spend NO cheese to run this baby. NO, I don't have the latest and greatest: XP1900,GF3Ti200 64MB,Win 98SE,512MB. I lock it at 25FPS and go fly, through beautiful scenery and weather, with 100% AI planes.I want to pick and choose my payware one at a time, so please do not bundle some of this stuff together.Alot of deserving simmers can either pay the price or use a VERY fine FS04 right out of the tin and use freeware with no problems.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

>4. 3rd party vendors...think before you charge. Is it THAT>necessary to charge $20 (the seemingly default shareware fee),>or is this some hold over from cable tv where EVERYTHING is>$19.95 - regardless?But WAIT! THERE'S MORE! You also get the vegematic AND the ginsu knives! How much would you pay now? WAIT! Order RIGHT NOW, and we'll throw in a "readme.txt" at NO EXTRA CHARGE!!! shipping, handling, color coding, scanning, typing, postage, pretty "fragile stickers," restocking, packaging, online time and actual usage may incur additional chargesAll entrants must be eighteen (18) years or older, legal residents of the U.S., and have Internet access as of November 1, 2000. Employees of ms.com ("mickeysoft" or "muckrosoft"), its advertising agencies and/or promotional partners and members of their immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, husband or wife, and anybody who knows them or has even heard of them) together with those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter.FS Addons 'R Us (FSARUS) is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by any equipment or programming, by website users or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of your entry for prizes and/or awards. FSARUS assumes no responsibility for any omission, error, interruption, defect, deletion, delay in the transmission or operation, communication line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access/use to or alteration of contest operations. FSARUS is not responsible for any technical problems for telephone network and connected system failures, software failure, computer online systems or providers, email system failures or disruptions, website disruption or failure, or any information transmitted by any of the above or any system not mentioned. If for any reason, the FSARUS gift awards are not capable of operating as planned, including infection by computer software virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of FSARUS, which affects the security, administration, fairness, and integrity of the gift awards, FSARUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the gift awards program.

:-) :) ;-) ;) :D :7 :-wave :-lol :-hah :-smile12 :-smooch :-xxrotflmao