Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

POSSIBLE ANSWER TO SYSTEM CRASHES & ONE TIP

I know there are a lot of frustrated flight simmers out there who may have been trying to get FS9 working on VIA chipset PCs or with NVIDIA FX cards.I have had real frustration over the last 5 days (YES I RECEIVED IT EARLY). However, tonight is the first I have been able to run it consistently.Here's my combo:-Gigabyte 7VRXP, AMD 2100XP, 512Mb RAM DDR333(actually 768MB now), PNY FX4200 64Mb Graphics Card (started with 44.03 driver upped to 44.67 later), 180Gb Data disk, 75Mb system disk, Running WinXP SP1 & WIN2000 SP4, DirectX9bFirst off I eagerly installed it on XP no problems after the 15 mins or so. Clicked on the icon and after a few seconds the splash screen vanishes and the taskbar program disappears. No warning, no 'Your application has crashed, send us details' (where do they put all that stuff they receive?).Anyway after several reloads and even 2 WINXP reinstalls no improvement. Finally I read in AVSIM forum about an NVIDIA FX problem requiring 44.67 driver. (By the way that

Guest CargoMun

Hmm worth a try, cheers for the linkWith Gforce4, VIA chipset and Win XP this sounds like something I could have use for. I've had the odd freezes in FS9 and for over a month i've been getting alot of stupid error-report crashes in old FS2002 :(

Guest Bill Kunert

Tried the patch and immediately removed it(it has an uninstall feature-luckily). I've never had problems with games crashing but for the heck of it I loaded the patch. FS2K2 crashes shortly after it starts loading the selected aircraft. Happens every time. Removed the patch and everything is normal.WIN XP home SP1 DirectX 9bPIII 933MHZ768Meg PC133Gainward GF2Ti 500 Golden Sample 30.82 driversMSI 694T Pro latest VIA 4in1Don't know what the problem was but it sure didn't agree with my systemRegardsBill

As they say If it ain't broke don't fix it.Anyway glad to know the uninstall function works just in case I need to remove it.Ray