Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Any decent Gulfstream biz jets out there?

I've really taken a shine to the Wilco/Feelthere EMB-135BJ and was wondering if anyone is aware of a decent Gulfstream 5 for FS9? The EMB just doesn't have the range to get me from KADS to EGLL, but apparently the G5 does. I have the PMDG 737 series with the BJ liveries, but I'd rather have something smaller with the range rather than larger.I've tried the Eaglesoft Citation X, but since it likes to crash on me at the most inopportune times, I've decided to ditch that.Thoughts?

I've really taken a shine to the Wilco/Feelthere EMB-135BJ and was wondering if anyone is aware of a decent Gulfstream 5 for FS9? The EMB just doesn't have the range to get me from KADS to EGLL, but apparently the G5 does. I have the PMDG 737 series with the BJ liveries, but I'd rather have something smaller with the range rather than larger.I've tried the Eaglesoft Citation X, but since it likes to crash on me at the most inopportune times, I've decided to ditch that.Thoughts?
Gulfstream refuses permission to do a commercial FS Version. CX2.0 for FS9 does not "like to crash on you" unless you do a wrong procedure or your setup/navdata is incorrect. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Gulfstream refuses permission to do a commercial FS Version. CX2.0 for FS9 does not "like to crash on you" unless you do a wrong procedure or your setup/navdata is incorrect. :(
Actually, it's not an AC crash.. it's a program crash... the Citation X crashes my FS.. and has on a number of occasions. It's the only bird in my hangar that does that, so I decided it wasn't worth my investment. I'm not disrespecting the CX, I'm simply saying it doesn't work for me.I wonder why General Dynamics would refuse to allow for a commercial version of their GS aircraft.

Actually, it's not an AC crash.. it's a program crash... the Citation X crashes my FS.. and has on a number of occasions. It's the only bird in my hangar that does that, so I decided it wasn't worth my investment. I'm not disrespecting the CX, I'm simply saying it doesn't work for me.I wonder why General Dynamics would refuse to allow for a commercial version of their GS aircraft.
I don't recall you ever coming to our forums and requesting support regarding this issue. The Citation X will only crash if the user does something critically incorrect in operating the aircraft.I wouldn't have even entered this thread... but you brought up my work. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

GD decided, the rest of us are left to wonder why.. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well Ron and Ed, I see it's the one-two punch with you guys today. Let me tell you that ever since I installed the X2, when I choose it in the FS9 aircraft selection screen the background bitmap of the FS9 window simply disappears. That's the window that contains the control box which is layered below the displayed aircraft and options dialog. I haven't experienced any CTD with your really, really cool model but wouldn't you say that it's a bit odd? Believe me when I tell you that I know what I install and I know what I have running on my slightly underpowered FS9 system.Now if I could only finish the project I'm working on and get to dump SQL Server 2008 on my one and only 64 bit system for FS9, then I could test if this is a recurring issue or not. I think that this may be an ATI card thing but then again...don't get me wrong or anything, the model with the winglets is simply a work of art and Ed, those gauges are perfect. I think that maybe it's the Flight1 wrapper... :( Mark

I'd love to see a screenshot of that.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well Ron and Ed, I see it's the one-two punch with you guys today. Let me tell you that ever since I installed the X2, when I choose it in the FS9 aircraft selection screen the background bitmap of the FS9 window simply disappears. That's the window that contains the control box which is layered below the displayed aircraft and options dialog. I haven't experienced any CTD with your really, really cool model but wouldn't you say that it's a bit odd? Believe me when I tell you that I know what I install and I know what I have running on my slightly underpowered FS9 system.Now if I could only finish the project I'm working on and get to dump SQL Server 2008 on my one and only 64 bit system for FS9, then I could test if this is a recurring issue or not. I think that this may be an ATI card thing but then again...don't get me wrong or anything, the model with the winglets is simply a work of art and Ed, those gauges are perfect. I think that maybe it's the Flight1 wrapper... :( Mark
Mark, we've never seen something like you describe so are inclined to agree about the ATI deal. I used to run an ATI card and liked it but would never go back there after returning to Nvidea. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Sorry to hijack this thread but this is for Ron and Ed. Take a look at the top right corner...no little X there or a control box for that matter. Ironic...no "X" :)Mark

Never seen that before, ever. Very strange, but pretty certain it's not the aircraft itself... despite the fact it only happen with the X. At that screen, the X isn't even loaded yet.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sorry to hijack this thread but this is for Ron and Ed. Take a look at the top right corner...no little X there or a control box for that matter. Ironic...no "X" :)Mark
Uhm ... isn't that just because you have it set to open full screen?

No JP, this is the only aircraft that I have that this occurs with. Selecting any of my other aircraft will display the control box on the flight configuration screen. That is one reason why I noticed the difference.Mark

Here's my screen:screen.jpg

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I personally still often fly Peter Brun's Lider Designs G5. There is also a G5.5 post. After a few personal modifications, there is also a pretty good 2D panel available also. Unfortunately, the panel will not work in FSX, but I still fly the bird there also with a modified Lear panel. In any case, I have the following files in my archive for the Gulfstreams. Take a peek and you may find something that is acceptable. I love it for the same reasons you mention. Range, Load, Speed and altitude. Unfortunately some of the oldest AvSim items never made it back after the hacker crash., but these may still be available either there, or n the flightsim library.ldgv1.2.zipgulfst04.zip (Panel)gulfstream-v-updated.zipgulf_5v3.zipgulfstream-ivv3.zipsgulf5.zip (Mike Stone's)usafgulf.zipg100-moz.zipG-IV Pax Source Files.zipgulfst04.zipI believe the following is the G5.5. There may be other downloads available that are more recent.gvdet.zipGood luck:RTH